RPK LCT NV (2016) Upgrade

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by barelio, Oct 15, 2018.

Tags:
  1. barelio

barelio New Member

Madrid
    Hellow , i hope i created post in correct place , after look if u have any post regarding RPK LCT NV upgrade here, i dindt see it. So i hope you could help me.
    I bough RPK LCT NV recently , after unboxing and crono test it was in 335FPS , i open it and replace spring for MS110 promethues ( i live in Spain so here for support wapon can goes to 400-410)now with only spring changes's 409-411 fps with 0.20.
    Im thinking to get lonex A1 engine short , and do wires with mosfet to get better ROF , i should i change gears too ? i'm open mind to revieved all kind advise.
    my plan :
    lonex a1 short ---> up to 37-40(ROF)
    wires 16awg + mosfet NANOAB active break
    flat nub and buking (modify or prometheus)

any other recommendation is welcome.

2. LightIsRight

LightIsRight Well-Known Member

Cannon Falls
    I wouldn't get a Lonex motor...there are better options for an equal or lessor price.
    @-Spitfire- can elaborate more on why they're bad.

Also, I wouldn't go with a flat hop for an LMG abuild as they wear out a bit faster than buckings with a regular mound. Personally, I'd go for a Maple Leaf set. They're pretty much as good as flat-hop, and they're a bit simpler.

link0 likes this.

3. -Spitfire-

-Spitfire- Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Oceanside
    Uneven armatures, weak brush springs, thin magnets that are spaced too far from the armature (and that are easily damaged by heat) resulting in a very weak magnetic field, and poor QC (among other things).

4. barelio

barelio New Member

Madrid
    So wich engine u recomend for LMG, and why?(just to learnd dont get me wrong)
    About flat i had set it in many weapons (m14,m4,svd,akm)with great result, but u are rigth maybe for LMG other could be better , u say mapleleaf , are u talking about macarrones ones or wich one ?

5. LightIsRight

Cannon Falls
    Whichever Maple Leaf fits in AEGs, I think it might be the Macaron. Make sure to get the Maple Leaf concave nub.

For motors, not sure what are available in your area but SHS, ZCI, and ASG make pretty decent motors.

6. Honeybadgerz17

Honeybadgerz17 Well-Known Member

Bellevue
    Also I wouldn't put a mosfet in a LMG, that is if you're going to use it for massive amounts of sustained fire. From what I've heard mosfets can burn out pretty easy. @BoogerMc could help a bit more.

e/ I'm basing my mosfet fact on the M249 series of LMG's which use a micro switch that can handle the amps that are being run through it without burning out. I could be wrong about the trigger contacts in a ak style rifle

7. barelio

barelio New Member

Madrid
    I was thinking install mosfet PicoAB with active break , and electronic fusile. If i use 11.1 Lipo 24-50C i should Go for mosfet or i ll burnd contact trigger for sure.
    So guys what u really recomend to install in RPK LCT NV ??

8. Honeybadgerz17

Honeybadgerz17 Well-Known Member

Bellevue
  9. BoogerMc

BoogerMc Airsoft Jedi Master Supporting Member

Akron
    Based on preliminary evaluation, it's basically like any other AEG, nothing special internally. However, if you do plan on using a drum mag and maintaining sustained fire, use a MOSFET with a large heatsink to prevent frying the IC chip. This means either making your own or purchasing one that can handle a large amount of heat dissipation. Otherwise, just keep the full auto bursts to less than three or four seconds at a time.

If you don't want the MOSFET for anything more than trigger contact protection, make your own, it's cheaper. I can provide a tutorial if you're interested.

Hope this helps.

-Spitfire- likes this.
  10. barelio

barelio New Member

Madrid
    I already have mosfet , and drum mag aswell. Im not worried about That , but i would like to know if i should change anything else to get better Range/accuerency.
    For thw moment i got:

-Mosfet with active break and fuse.done
    -drum mag.done
    -Lipo 11.1 25-50C.done
    -nub/bucking didnt dicided Between flat prometheus or maplealeaf set
    -Engine SHS HT , but not sure if is necesary
    -gears same , dunno if i should change it
    -Barelio its come with 6,02 i ll keep it.

11. LightIsRight

Cannon Falls
    Gears are fine. The LCTs have a poor stock motor so replacing that would be a good idea.

12. -Spitfire-

-Spitfire- Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Oceanside
    SHS HT motor with the stock gears should be perfectly fine for sustained fire.

13. barelio

barelio New Member

Madrid
    Im worried if i gonna lost range cuz if i get a lot of RoF , gear will made cicle before the BB is out of barrel . Thats why im thinking in chAnge engine +mosfet but using 7,4 Lipo , or what do u think guys ? Cuz barrel is quit long so bbs need times to get out ..

14. antizombie

antizombie Well-Known Member

Schofield
    That's not really a thing. I think someone did the math and you'd need something nuts like a 500MM barrel and 50 rps to have a suck back affect that actually reduces accuracy. Having multiple BBs in your barrel at a time doesn't effect your accuracy. Even if it did, I doubt you'll end up near any RPS where you would have to worry about that with stock gear ratios and a SHS HT on an average 11.1

-Spitfire- likes this.
  15. barelio

barelio New Member

Madrid
    Inner barrel RPK LCT Is 690mm 6.02 . Now im testing with all stock unless mosfet + 11.1 and its working pretty nice. I ll Order SHS HT soon. Someone who has it , could tell me with upgrade have done over it ? I still thinking about buking/nub