Rubber vs metal spacer

Discussion in 'General Accessory Discussion' started by RGOKY, Aug 19, 2012.

  1. RGOKY

    RGOKY New Member

    Don't know whether to buy a metal or rubber spacer for my hop up can anyone help
  2. Sparky_D

    Sparky_D Moderator Staff Member

    Pierce County
    Don't use metal. With continued use, a hard BB squeezing the bucking between a metal nub will wear through the bucking.

    If you need a stiffer nub than the rubber tube, use one of the plastic concave, "H" or "X" nubs (Shredder, Polar Star, Element, Madbul, etc...).

  3. RGOKY

    RGOKY New Member

    Yeah I was thinking it would either wear out the bucking or get the NB James in the hoop due to the metal not being ably to Ben a bit

    Also should I use a hard 70* bucking or soft 50* bucking my gun shoots about 380-400 fps
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2012