Ruined wire?

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Ben90rich, Aug 5, 2012.

1. Ben90rich

Ben90rich New Member

West monroe
    Okay, my gun stopped making noise and shooting. I have literally checked EVERYTHING. I found the problem and it is the red wire connector that connects to my motor. The main part that is supposed to be connecting to the motor is separated from the rest of the wire. The heat cover and everything is separated. When I electrical taped the wore price to the wire it still wouldn't shoot. The wire and connecter may need to be soldered or something any suggestions? I want my gun shooting.

2. CajunAirsoft

CajunAirsoft New Member

I would say you could probably solder this . I kinda need a person more experienced in the electrical part of guns to help me out here.

3. Ben90rich

Ben90rich New Member

West monroe
    Yeah I want to know a for sure way to fix it.

4. CoppertopNeasg

CoppertopNeasg New Member

Boston
    If you have even a small amount of soldering experience it is a simple matter of soldering the red wire back onto the motor connector.

5. Ben90rich

Ben90rich New Member

West monroe
    The connector isn't broken but the part of the wire that connects to the motor is separated from the rest of the wire.

6. CajunAirsoft

CajunAirsoft New Member

I think he means the wire end that connects to the motor . Separated from the normal wire.

7. Ben90rich

Ben90rich New Member

West monroe
    Yeah what he said. (20)

8. Thatguyoverthere1111

Thatguyoverthere1111 New Member

Mandeville
    Solder the wire to the connector on the motor.

9. CajunAirsoft

CajunAirsoft New Member

Once again he means the wire is clipped off from the part that connects to the motor. Can he just solder that.

10. Thatguyoverthere1111

Mandeville
    What I'm thinking you mean is, the part of the wire that has a little connector, covered in black tape, came off. Which would mean, the tabs on the motor should be fine, and since the connector came off the wire, you can solder to directly to the tabs on the motor.

11. CajunAirsoft

CajunAirsoft New Member

So just solder the wire directly to the motor tabs without the connector? Or solder the connector to the wire

12. Thatguyoverthere1111

Mandeville
    Wire directly to motor.

13. CajunAirsoft

CajunAirsoft New Member

Won't he have to desolder it each time to get to his gearbox??

14. Thatguyoverthere1111

Mandeville
    Yep. .

15. Col1500

Col1500 Member

Kent
    Take the tab off the motor, and bend the tabs near the base of that little connector back. The excess of the broken wire should fall out or you just take it out. Put a dot of solder on the flat part of that connector ( in between the tabs you bent back, never put solder on the part that physically contacts the motor tab, because then it wouldn't fit). Before that step, your have wanted to stripped off a bit of the remaining wire and tinned it with solder. Heat up the wire and keep applying heat as you push it onto the base of the connector, that'll melt the solder you previously put on there as give you a solid connection. Then you just bend the tabs back over the wire and you should be good to go.