Russian airsoft damand

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by screach, Oct 15, 2012.

1. screach

screach New Member

Beaverton
    Hey guys, I'm here trying to put on a survey on the russian airsoft damand in the united states. I am trying to open a store, and were thinking about supplying mostly russian themed guns, and genuin russian camo from moscow and Ukraine. Thanks for your help.

2. MrGoodkat

MrGoodkat New Member

You may want to visit Red-Alliance, if you haven't already that is.

Edit: lol at the guy above me

3. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    You can also be banned for back seat moderating. Screach's post was just fine, but yours are definitely against the rules. If you have a problem with a post, report it. If you don't want to do that then just stay out of it.

4. Havok17

Havok17 New Member

Chicago
    Sorry Knief. And we were talking about M4likeabomb's post not Screachs.

Also, to go on topic, I'm not so sure how popular Russian gear would be but I imagine theres a decent market for it considering reenacting.

5. MrGoodkat

MrGoodkat New Member

Did you see my post?
    Also, it might be best to do this on a local forum as those are the potential customers for your store.

6. Shadow_Nugz

Shadow_Nugz New Member

Sioux City
    This is going to get messy fast.

Before this gets ship down, I have been interested by all of the Russian impressions out there. A larger amount of weapons other than the usual AK variants would be cool.

7. screach

screach New Member

Beaverton
    Thank you for your help, do you prefer wood or polymer stocked weapons?

8. MrGoodkat

MrGoodkat New Member

screach, can you at least acnowledge my posts, I am trying to be helpful.

IB4TC!

9. screach

screach New Member

Beaverton
    Sorry, yes I will I've been a part of red aliance for quite some time.

10. Shadow_Nugz

Shadow_Nugz New Member

Sioux City
    I like a little of both, there is a certain appeal of a PKP or AK with full wood. But I also like my tacticool stuff so synthetic would be my vote

11. CajunAirsoft

CajunAirsoft New Member

I just think all the 'Merica buffs wouldn't want only Russian weapons. Also I think if someone really just wanted an AK there's always ASGI or Evike ect.

Edit: now if we are talking custom then there might be some appeal.

12. screach

screach New Member

Beaverton
    Well I have a guy who can make coustom guns, and we will also suply russian camo, direct from moscow and the ukraine.

13. ncore

ncore New Member

Pittsburgh
    What all models are you making?

edit: please say VSS

14. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    The base is not large enough in the US. Unless you go international, you will fail pretty soon.

15. naamtune

naamtune New Member

Redlands
    There are way too many AKs out there already. VSS, AS VAL, Saiga-12, SVU, AN-94, and RPG-7 are some on the list that you could check out. USA demands for Russian weapons are low, you might want to look in to going international. I know that the demands in Europe is high.

16. Shiftyshooter

Prague
    But then again, many people I know just choose to make a round trip to Russia and other countries for the real deal rather than paying annoying shipping and handeling fees. Those trips are often very cheap. I am going to Ukraine on Friday and my expected costs are at around 200 bucks.

17. screach

screach New Member

Beaverton
    How do you figure you can get to ukraine from the us for $200?

18. screach

screach New Member

Beaverton
    Sorry from the us for $200?

19. Shiftyshooter

Prague
    I never said that you can go there from the US. I am not in the US. But, I was just trying to prove a point as to why many people will not buy from your store. You'd need to bring stuf in bulk (and I mean BULK) in order to get decent prices and people in the US just would not buy from you, enough because the customer base is not large enough there. And selling internaitonally? Not really worth it, since most people from Europe and Asia can get this stuff much cheaper without paying the charges and fees.

20. screach

screach New Member

Beaverton
    Ok so what do you sugest.