RWA NightHawk Custom Covert Ops VS KJW kp-05

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by Add292, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Add292

Add292 Member

2. Add292

Add292 Member

Or would the asg cz po9 co2 be a good option as well.

3. link0

link0 Well-Known Member

SF Bay Area
    Stay away from the RWA. I think it's made by KWC, which sux.

BOA_SP3CT3R and -Spitfire- like this.
  4. Add292

Add292 Member

I had a KWC for a while, it was fine. But ill take your word on it. How is the KJW or the CZ P-09?

5. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    Pretty good...but CO2 is not an ideal gas to run. The kick you get is very hard on the pistol and you can't get consistent performance. FPS drop from shot one to last shot can be 60fps.

6. Add292

Add292 Member

Im now open for all pistols, including propane/green gas and co2. Please make some more suggestions. Thanks.

7. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Help us help you by picking a platform....other wise you are going to get every kid the recommends a bad pistol because it's the only one they have and it's the "bestest".

2011?
    P226?
    Makarov?
    Model 36?

Etc...

8. Add292

Add292 Member

i like the cz, hi capa's are nice too, love glocks as well, but those are hard to get. Definitely love the P-09 though.

9. Tackleberry6

Tackleberry6 Active Member

Old bridge
    I bought the P-09 last month and I'll just tell you that it's a solid gun for the money. The accuracy out to 100ft is pretty darn good for a stock pistol and the build quality is solid! I only run it with propane and couldn't be happier. I hope this helps with your decision.

link0 likes this.
  10. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Glocks are not hard to get now. You can get the EF models on ebay for 140.00 shipped.

That is where I got mine, granted it's not a great model due to the mass production aspects where they cut corners.

P09 is far snappier and better built and the P05 is no slouch either. You determining factor is your budget. The EF Glock will be the highest due to the milking off the USA marketing by EF. P09 should be next due to its rarity and the Hicapa will be the lowest.

11. Add292

Add292 Member

12. Add292

Add292 Member

Also, whats the difference between the KJW KP-05 and KP-08?

13. Tackleberry6

Tackleberry6 Active Member

Old bridge
    There is no difference besides the suppressor threading. If you go the suppressor route just remember the usually cause barrel sag, guges mk3 or spitfire could probably elaborate better on that.

14. Add292

Add292 Member

Ok, thank you. I think ive narrow'd my choices down. The CZ P-09, The KJW KP-05 or KP-08, or the HFC DarkHawk https://www.evike.com/products/24935/. Dont know much about the last one, just see good reviews and looks nice.

15. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    HFC is a pile of poo. The reviewers are less than experienced if they say it's good.

Look closely.

KP-05

[​IMG]

KP-08

[​IMG]

See the difference?

16. cetane

cetane Well-Known Member

Markham & Stouffville, Ontario, Canada
    The 05 has a metal chases like the tm hicapa 5.1. The 08 has an integrated grip/chassis out of poly with I would assume a metal insert for the slide to run on like G series replicas.

I have an 05 I got boneyard for $50cdn that all that was wrong was a buggered up co2 mag. GG mags run it fine. They are a very good clone of the tm hicapa

17. Add292

Add292 Member

So both of them are TM compatible? Sorry for my ignorance on this subject.

18. Add292

Add292 Member

Also, im seeing that the HFC darkhawk has lasted some people for up to 7 years, and is also TM compatible. would that be worth it?

19. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Oh no...the HFC is Not TM compatible. It is TM derived and you may be able to use the mag. But, that is as far as it goes for compatibility.

RWA Night Hawk/KWC product is definitely "NOT" TM compatible. Neither pistol is "worth" it.

20. Add292

Add292 Member

Alright. Ive been looking into it for hours, there seems to be a lot of hate for the brand, but love for the specific pistol. Parts are on evike, and I meet a guy the other day that has had one for 7 YEARS, and it still runs fine, when it had an error, he took it apart and put it back together and it worked again. Btw this is the HFC darkhawk im talking about. Plus, I could get it, an extra magazine, and a propane adapter for 123$ new.