Airsoft Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on Taiwangun.com today (it is becoming a habit lately) and saw a bunch of "new" products, by the brand S&T.

In fact the first product that came up under "AEG" was an S&T AKS-74, with real wood furniture and a steel reciver. For $190.

According to the description that stands for "Smart Team Armament" (wouldn't that be STA though?). I'm going to post the description and a link, but I threw one in my cart to try out. I mean I'm a sucker for AKs, and you can't beat $190 with a stick.

I also had a great idea (or an idea at least) for a personal review thread, where I buy guns that seem like a good deal, break them down, thoroughly test and give an honest opinion on quality, durability, price, practicality, techability, etc. Thoughts?

Anyways, here is that link:

And the accompanying description:

"An airsoft AEG AKS-74 assault rifle made by ST Armament (Smart Team). A realistic version of the modernized AK with a steel receiver, a real wood handguard, and a side-folding stock. Powered by a 3rd gen gearbox with a quick change spring system and a MOSFET.

Features are the durable structure and good fitting of elements. It's the signature of all ST Armament products. The AKS-74 airsoft rifle is made mostly of steel and aluminum. The stamped steel receiver is equipped with a side-rail. You can attach on it optics dedicated to AK rifles or dovetail mounts. It is also compatible with tactical accessories from manufacturers such as CYMA and 5KU. Standard wooden handguard, and a polymer grip can be replaced with modernized parts. The steel receiver cover can be replaced with one equipped with a Picatinny mount rail. Flash hider can be replaced by a silencer or a tracer unit for glow-in-the-dark BBs.

The AEG AKS-74 is equipped with the reinforced V3 gearbox by ST Armament. The quick spring change system allows you to adjust the rifle's power to the conditions of the airsoft game. You do not need to open the whole gearbox. The important feature is the integrated MOSFET. Equipped with over-discharge protection by cut-off function. And an electric trigger with a magnetic sensor to improve responsiveness. The gearbox is compatible with upgrade parts from other airsoft producers. GB is ready to work with LiPo 11.1V batteries.

The place for stick-type battery is under the receiver cover. Matching batteries and chargers: 11.1V 1400mAh LiPo battery, V3 LiPo/LiFe charger

Kit includes:
  • airsoft full metal aks74
  • 2x hi-cap 300rd magazines"
Edit: I actually found S&Ts website:

·
Administrator
12,070 Posts
S&T spun off from Ares.

They were two guys that worked together on "projects" and they suffered a disagreement. So they each took their half and went their separate ways. One kept Ares and the other went around and got their models made by other OEMs S&T.

That S&T AK looks very much like an old DBOYS AK....and is in their price range. You know for about 30.00 shipped...you can have another E&L in stable.

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That S&T AK looks very much like an old DBOYS AK....and is in their price range. You know for about 30.00 shipped...you can have another E&L in stable.
I could get both... and launch the review thread with a double whammy.

I'm going to do that review thread, but don't expect it till after Christmas. The way I plan on writing it will take time, and that is in short supply around here.

·
Administrator
12,070 Posts
Just be warned: S&T will not respond to customer or tech support requests. Lord knows I've tried. They expect you to contact the seller.
This is normal...you bought it. Your problem now...to bad so sad...talk to distributor. And this is why I always say....American Consumerism Does Not Apply.

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
American Consumerism Does Not Apply.
Except when it does :) There are companies that are pretty cool about handling support requests. I had great experience with King Arms. They responded quickly to my inquiry and were happy to ship out parts I couldn't find after I PayPal'd the shipping costs. I realize that this is the exception rather than the rule but good companies are out there.

·
Administrator
12,070 Posts
Wait until that CSR is laid off because they are having a down quarter.

·
Administrator
12,070 Posts
Your products aren't coming from riot zones

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just got it in today, and I must say I am very pleased. I have not fired it yet (will have to switch to deans), but externally it is very nice. It doesn't have common folding stock AK problems like stock wobble. It actually has the tightest smoothest folding stock I've ever seen, definitely more firm then my ICS.

I will be reviewing it much more thoroughly in the next couple months, so stay tuned...

·
Administrator
12,070 Posts
It will be the latter.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts