Featured Scammer

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by Jdmronda9, Nov 9, 2020.

1. Jdmronda9

Jdmronda9 Member

Concord
    Ran into my first scamming situation. Thankfully it was on ebay. I won the auction on a kwa tt33. Kid never mailed the item. Refused to respond to messages and canceled the sale when I left negative feedback and filed a dispute on ebay. Never issued a refund so thats prolly gonna get drawn out. His username was collisegovian_0. Buyer beware

2. interceptor

interceptor Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Los Angeles
    Won't PayPal take care of the refund? I only had one person who refused to ship but after escalating to eBay, he cancelled and I got the refund pretty quickly. If that didn't happen, calling AmEx was plan B.

3. Jdmronda9

Jdmronda9 Member

Concord
    Maybe its new but if the purchase is handled through ebay PayPal redirects you to ebays dispute channel. EBay is giving him i think til the 14th to do something before they step in and issue me a refund. I knew something wasn't right when it hadn't shipped after a week of me paying. Then when I didnt receive any responses it was obvious. He canceled the item as soon as I left negative feedback

4. Jdmronda9

Jdmronda9 Member

Concord
    I will admit I should have seen the warning sign because he only had 1 review about him from a purchase he made but nothing else. I honestly gave it a chance anyways cuz I remembered being pissed when my bids kept getting canceled for being a new member. Live and you learn

5. interceptor

Los Angeles
    Sounds similar to what happened to me. I had wait a week or two (can't remember) before eBay would step in. But the refund happened pretty quick after that. The warning sign for me was not having an actual picture of the item. He had good feedback but only as a buyer, not a seller.

6. Jdmronda9

Jdmronda9 Member

Concord
    This had a picture of a kwa tt33. Not a standard stock picture but who knows maybe he took it off a sight like this. Im starting to get concerned about another one I won the auction for and paid on but atleast this person messaged back and said they got tied up doing ****. I get life happens and atleast they paid for the shipping label just hasn't sent it out yet

7. Jdmronda9

Jdmronda9 Member

Concord
    Ebay wouldn't let me file a dispute until it hit the day it was supposed to arrive. I had to deal with a person when the kid canceled the order to file anything since I'm not letting this go

8. interceptor

Los Angeles
    Nearly all items have the "eBay Money Back Guarantee" - you'll be fine, just have to wait until the delivery date like you said.

9. Jdmronda9

Jdmronda9 Member

Concord
    Once he canceled the order I was able to file a dispute with ebay. I talked to someone from the corporate line because I wanted it known the kid was trying to scam people. He had actually relistes the post before canceling mine

10. Jdmronda9

Jdmronda9 Member

Concord
    Newest update. Scammer on ebay has since deleted his profile. Still waiting on my refund from ebay themselves