SCAR-L Selector busted

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by PreacherJ12, Apr 20, 2016.

1. PreacherJ12

PreacherJ12 New Member

Milton
    So I got a boneyard Echo-1 SCAR-L, well my buddy has got it because I'm not even in country right now, but we're both trying to figure out how to fix this thing's stupid selector switch. I wish I knew how hard it is to fix this thing but oh well, I'm determined to fix it and use it instead of scraping it for parts. Any one with past experience got some advice.:confused:

2. Zaryk

Zaryk Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Southern
    What exactly is the problem with the selector? Is it not lining up properly, broken parts, or stripped set screw? I have taken apart many scar rifles and the selector gears can be pretty tricky to get back in the receiver while keeping the small gears lined up properly.

3. PreacherJ12

PreacherJ12 New Member

Milton
    So we've order a new selector switch and got it, we just don't know how to install it. We also need to replace the dust cover which we have also replaced but that baffles me. The last thing we need to do is the wiring, but that's easy to figure out. I'm going to wire it to deans anyways

4. Zaryk

Zaryk Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Southern
    To install the selector gears, search youtube. There are multiple videos that show a detailed guide on this subject.

The dust cover just sets in place. There is a notch cut out in the bolt slide, and the dust cover just sets in it and when the upper is installed onto the lower, it is held into place buy the gearbox.