Scar-l

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by Joshpeck, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Joshpeck

Joshpeck New Member

Eau Claire
    Hey guys I have just been thinking a little bit about this gun. I'm not saying I'm going to buy one but what company's make a good scar for 200-350?
    2 guns that caught my eye were the vfc and the g&g.
    I just want to know a little about them. Performance wise what are these guns like? What would be some good things to do to them?

2. Pezturbator

Pezturbator New Member

In terms of performance DEFINTELY GO WITH VFC.. If you want decent to good performance go with G&G. Especially if you want them sexy FN Herstal trademarks and beautiful externals. The VFC also has beautiful externals but them trademarks on that G&G <3. Lol. They are both excellent rifles. Which ever path you choose you wont be dissapointed.

Good thing to do first (for both) a new motor, and barrel. Maybe a new hop up and bucking.

3. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    How many threads do you need to make? Why not use your "new gun" thread?

4. dboysman111

dboysman111 New Member

Get a vfc. They are AMAZING!! But dont get the Dboys scar-l. I have one and ive tried everything to make it stop jamming. But almost all the internals are very cheap plastic

5. LegacyAirsoft

LegacyAirsoft You can say I tech a little...

Massachusetts
    I have a DBoys SCAR-L as well and the only internal piece that is plastic is the Hopup assembly. Please don't post lies, on that note I have been using the DBoys SCAR-L for a year and a half now as my project gun and needles to say it has impressed me. The quality is not up there with VFC and G&G but for the money, it's great. The jamming issue the above poster is talking about is either a faulty mag or his hopup is not tight enough agains the gb so the bbs feed wrong.

6. Joshpeck

Joshpeck New Member

Eau Claire
    Have you ever used the vfc? And I also don't think I would buy most dboys guns.

7. LegacyAirsoft

Massachusetts
    The DBoys guns are decent upgrade platforms other than JG, however if you are not buying a gun with the sole purpose of upgrading it, your better off getting the VFC

8. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    VFC and G&G are the top brands for SCARs outside the TM. I have owned a DBoys, Echo1, G&G and VFC and I can say that the only reason i would choose my VFC over again is the externals and realistic feel. The G&G is on the exact same level at the VFC when it comes to performance. The feel of the G&G is like 85% of the vfc but still great weight. As long as you pick one of those you will be all set. No upgrades needed unless you want to run an 11.1 lipo. In that case, the piston in teh vfc needs to be replaced and a mosfet installed on both the G&G and VFC
    The DBoys and Echo1 are essentially teh same gun. They require mods out of th ebox for decent performance. They arent bad for a beginner scar to see if you really like the platform but I would no buy one again. They come with 6.08 barrels factory, 13-14 RPS and low FPS of around 330. Their externals are weak and the stocks dont stay folded. Exposed wires for the battery is bad and get pinched when the stock gets unfolded. the battery compartment is small and awkward.

Unless you want to put money into the gun when you buy it to make it perform how the G&G or VFC do factory just buy it right the first time

9. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    The CA SCARS beat both of the brands you listed :p.

10. Joshpeck

Joshpeck New Member

Eau Claire
    When I played with asgi Tim last summer I think he had CA scar, looked like a pretty nice gun. . . But the gun had jamming issues so he stopped playing :(.

11. LegacyAirsoft

Massachusetts
    U got to play with Tim! Haha that's pretty cool. I live in MA so I would never get to play with any of the popular youtubers lol

12. Joshpeck

Joshpeck New Member

Eau Claire
    Ya it was pretty cool to meet him, his gun broke right away so he hardly even played. But for the time he was in I was with him, I'm actually in the bob and Tim storm the Midwest video on gitv for a split second. Bobs team DESTROYED us.

13. LegacyAirsoft

Massachusetts
    That's so cool! Haha

14. Joshpeck

Joshpeck New Member

Eau Claire
    Ya believe it or not tim from what I saw isn't a very ambitious player, he never went to the front line.

15. Protectionperfection

Worcester
    I only talked about the ones I've owned. I've heard great things about the ca but not as good as the vfc or g&g

16. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    The CA scars are better than both internally.... They're not as much as a PITA to work on. The CA SCAR-H also uses a EV2 and takes SR25 mags.

17. Protectionperfection

Worcester
    Like I said, personally I have no experience, but with the 2 I've seen people own, there were more problems than it was worth. They sold theirs and one bout a vfc and the other a g&g... They have yet to have problems...