SCAR Questions

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by Thestig, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Thestig

Thestig Some say... Supporting Member

Colorado Springs and Southern California
    OK, so recently I had a deal come across me for a parts gun, one that can be fixed up and flipped. The gun that came up was an Echo 1/ Dboys SCAR H, which you don't see that often, due to the cybergun licensing fiasco. Basically, what I was wondering is, are the SCAR H mag catches comparable with any others, or do I have to buy the $40 one off of echo 1's website? Thanks!

Link to part: http://www.echo1parts.com/collections/a-s-c-h/products/echo1-asc-h-mag-release

2. TheAirsoftTech

TheAirsoftTech New Member

Since the E1 SCAR is based off of the D-boys, try to maybe find one of those? I saw a couple D-boys SCAR parts for sale on Ebay a while back.

3. Thestig

No go. Not on there anymore... Ugh...

Anything else?

4. TheAirsoftTech

TheAirsoftTech New Member

What exactly is wrong with the current mag catch? Is it just broken? If so, maybe you could not necessarily "Jerry-Rig" but come up with a way of fixing it. If you didn't want to pay 40$ for a mag catch, which I wouldn't either.

5. Thestig

I haven't bought the gun yet, and if it doesn't have one, then I probably won't buy it.

6. LT1

LT1 New Member

Hey I have a d-boys SCAR L, but I am almost positive that it can take any brand. It doesn't have to just be Echo 1, it can be any. But I would make sure it's metal though, because it would break easily if it was plastic. But it doesn't have to be Echo 1.

7. Thestig

But can the SCAR H take SCAR L or M4/M16 mag releases? They look similar, but I am not 100%.

8. Retrospection

Retrospection New Member

Kimballton
    Well, both models of the scar are a variant of the m4. Both's mags and certain pieces, in theory this is, should be interchangeable.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2012
  9. LT1

LT1 New Member

Yes they can. I am sure of it.

10. stat226

stat226 New Member

Limerick
    No they can not, I have a dboys scar-l and the way the mag catch works it is not interchangeable with normal m4 mag catches. Later on tonight I will post pictures but until then you'll just have to trust my word.

11. Thestig

Ok, those pictures will be very helpful.

Also, are the VFC and Dboys/E1 mag releases compatible? I feel they should be, as they are clones of each other. I found the VFC ones fairly cheap.

12. stat226

stat226 New Member

Limerick
    I don't know about the compatability between vfc and the E1/dboys mag catches but here are the pictures of the dboys

Outside views:
    image-1921603668.jpg

image-2020405378.jpg

The release mechanism:
    image-4142015498.jpg

Right side release depressed:
    image-4272348750.jpg

Left side release depressed:
    image-2737381132.jpg

13. Thestig

Interesting! Thanks! That helps actually!

14. stat226

stat226 New Member

Limerick
    You're welcome. Anymore questions regarding the scar just PM me.