Scope help

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by Enickols12, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Enickols12

Enickols12 New Member

Vienna
    I am not sure what to set my new gun to. I am getting a g&g m16 with and rds what range should I set my scope up at.

2. Star_folder

Star_folder New Member

Lexington
    You should zero it in at the range where most of your encounters happen. At least, that's what most people will tell you.

Personally, I set the dot to the very top of my bb flight path, and then adjust the shots from there. Knowing I won't hit to high, or knowing exactly how the bb will fly helps a lot.

Ultimately, it's up to you and how you want to set it.

3. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    I set my red dots to 50-75ft, anything closer I usually can hit without the dot with ease.
    What do you play most, CQB or field? CQB you can set it to around 30ft because your always in close but if your playing field 75 would be a good number. Remember though, just because your dot is there doesnt mean the round is. I have seen it so many times that someone sets their sight up for 50 ft and then someone who is 70 ft away comes into view and they dont adjust and get pissed when they dont call their hits. Well your rounds are falling short a couple feet so thats why they arent calling their hits, they arent getting hit.
    Make sure you know your distances and where your max distance is that the groupings are within a 1ft spread. From there you can always hit your target

4. Enickols12

Enickols12 New Member

Vienna
    So if the farthest I am shooting is 100ft and my average shots are around 35ft. Then I should set it to about 60ft?

5. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    I would set it to your farthest shot. its easier to compensate for closer range than further. at 100 ft, it is probably easier to use your sight than your eyes because its faster acquisition.
    Set it for 100ft
    I have a scope for CQB and a scope for field. CQB I set it to 50ft and field I set it to 125ft. I just change them on the fly with a QD mount

6. BRTSoloWing

BRTSoloWing Active Member

China Grove
    I set mine for 140ft. Anyone between that 9 out of 10 I hit where the dot is. I need to do a grouping test at that range.