Scope Troubles

Discussion in 'Sniper Rifles' started by TheGrassNinja, Aug 31, 2012.

1. TheGrassNinja

TheGrassNinja New Member

Battle Ground
    I've been doing airsoft for sometime now, and I've been a sniper the whole way. I built a ghillie suit and it works quite well, and I can influence the games greatly. However, there has been one thing troubling me all along the way: my Scope. It's a decent scope and I enjoy using it, but I've had the worst time trying to fine tune it. My gun is plenty accurate, and when not using the scope I can hit things dead on. No matter which way I turn the scope nobs and no matter how many times I do it, It really never seems to effect the scope. What should I do?

2. Airsoft_Alpha

Airsoft_Alpha New Member

Get an expert to do it! Or just get another one.

3. xXTacoMcFacoXx

xXTacoMcFacoXx New Member

Do what works best for you. If you're more accurate without it then don't use it. If having a scope is important for you then just do what alpha suggested :).

4. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Are you sure you're even adjusting it? Some scopes the knobs come off and there is a little terminal on the inside, under the caps, that you turn.

5. TheGrassNinja

TheGrassNinja New Member

Battle Ground
    I know I'm adjusting it, cause the knobs come off and there's the terminal inside. I turn them this way and that with a flat-head screwdriver, but it doesn't seem to make a huge difference.

6. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Have you ever thought your scope isnt properly aligned with your guns barrel? Scopes have to be canted a little down to work correctly.

7. wippyt

wippyt New Member

Hager City
    I agree with archer, some mounts are different than others try taking of the scope and puting the mounts as close as possible to each other and tighten them down, sometimes they might be a little off, in that case try rotating one to see if that helps. I've just mounted a scope on a .22 where that happened and after i rotated the mounts it works great.

8. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    You should put your rifle in a workbench, and use a level and other tools to line it up correctly.

9. TheGrassNinja

TheGrassNinja New Member

Battle Ground
    Ok I'll try it, but does anyone know the ratio of turns to each of the grid points? My biggest problem is first, not knowing which one is longitude and which one is latitude, cause It's an airsoft scope, and also I dont know how many turns to make.

10. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    It should say on the turrets.