Scopes for Basement @ 15'

Discussion in 'General Accessory Discussion' started by gb65, Nov 13, 2012.

1. gb65

gb65 New Member

Hello,

Was thinking of getting an airsoft rifle to practice in the basement. Most scopes focus at least out at 30 or more yards. Anyone know of any decent scopes that I could use in the basement that focus down to 15 feet?

Thanks

2. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    You're not looking for something with magnification for 15 feet, right? For quick target acquisition, a decent red dot with adjustable brightness would do you well.

3. gb65

gb65 New Member

Red dot won't do it. I need a scope with crosshairs that I can see the target clearly at 15'. Don't need anything for quick target aquisition. Trying to simulate 4p match shooting.

I'm sure people are practicing in their garages or basements with scopes on their rifles.

Thanks

4. sparta

sparta New Member

What is your price range? You can get a legit scope for around $125. Or a descent one for $30. I have a bone collector which I paid $120. And a swift I paid $30. The swift is a 3-12x40 (but its cheaply maid) the collector is a 3-9x40. I would recommend a 3-9x40 for shooting at 15'. Cause any higher power just gets blurry. Yes I do shoot airsoft in my basement. It's mostly to make sure my scopes are dead on. I also do it to make sure my gun works (after internal customizations).

5. gb65

gb65 New Member

I'd imagine something in the 3-4x would work. Doesn't need to be that expensive. It wouldn't be getting adjusted much. Would be good if it was somewhat bright, wouldn't want to have to turn on a halogen lite to see the target.

You must have gotten a great deal on that Swift. The Swift's I found all seem over $200.

So 3-4X under $100 would be great as long as you can see the target clearly at that distance and it doesn't fly apart or fails to maintain zero.

Thanks

6. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    You can't see a target clearly at 15' with a red dot? Are you trying to read a dollar or something? How small of targets are you shooting?
    An a cog with a4x or a red dot with a magnifier possible. You don't need anything more than that

7. gb65

gb65 New Member

I don't think you understand what 4p match shooting is. You use metal sights or a scope, no red dot. The magnafication is only to simulate using a scope at 50' indoors or 200yd outdoors or whatever yardage range you attend.

At 15' the bull is around 1/2" and simulates a 200yd SR5 NRA target. It's not so much being able to see the black bull but how well you can keep the crosshairs in there to get your shot off and hit the center while it wobbles around. Believe it or not, in smallbore indoors at 50' we use 24x - 36x scopes, not because we want that much magnification but we use them also at 50 & 100yd where we do want it for prone.