SCP Foundation

Discussion in 'Staging Area' started by RayRules67, Nov 13, 2012.

1. RayRules67

RayRules67 New Member

Boise
    I've recently been reading through the SCP Foundation website and have decided I want to write one of my own.

For those of you who don't know, SCP stands for Special Containment Protocols, and the job of the foundation is to Secure Contain and Protect society from anomalies, anything from living statues, to zombie viruses, to a pill that cures anything. Their main theme is psychological horror, but that's not the only theme.

Here's my idea, and I want brutal honesty because I know they will rip it apart if it's not any good.

Have you ever had a song stuck in your head that you absolutely hate? My SCP anomaly is a song that gets stuck in your head, and slowly drives you mad. Soon, your sense of hearing is destroyed, as you can only hear this song. After a length of time people begin gouging at their ears and banging their heads against things, they go on violent outbursts, breaking anything in their path, killing anyone, before they eventually mutilate themselves to death. It is a simple CD with only one song, and the effect occurs to every person who hears more than fifteen seconds of the song. It would be contained in a secure storage locker with only high level security access. The reason for its continued existence is the possibility of using it as psychological warfare.

Remember, brutal honesty.

2. Nacht

Nacht New Member

Priceville
    Doesn't really fit with SCP norms. They destroy anything they can, they aren't a goverment agency, so warfare isn't of much concern. Just change it and make up something about how it respawns when destruction is attempted.

3. RayRules67

RayRules67 New Member

Boise
    I've read extensively on how to write a successful SCP and from what I understand the destruction of SCPs is rather rare, as things are continued to be researched, unless they pose a significant enough threat to the foundation or to society. I remember reading something that said "remember, our motto is Secure. Contain. Protect. Not Destroy Destroy Destroy." Otherwise I would make it have some kind of self-protective properties. I appreciate your criticism, I really do. What about the idea? Do you think it's any good?

Last edited: Nov 14, 2012