SEAL Sniper/Marksman loadout

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by Foshizl, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Foshizl

Foshizl New Member

St. Louis
    Alright AS, here's the breakdown,

Big time gear n00b here.
    In tandem with UTAG, I'm looking to go SEALs/NSWDG/DEVGRU loadout, primarily marksman or sniper. I have done my research, and my M14 project gun will work with 2011-2012 era SEALs loadout.
    My question is: Where the heck do I start?! Break it down to me as if I'm 10 years old, because I assure you I won't understand half of it unless it's really ridiculously simple.
    I have MC fatigues to start with, some Merrell Sawtooths, and a CB plate carrier (link http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=11840 essentially the same thing)
    What headgear should I get?
    Gloves?
    Pouches?
    Packs?
    Patches?

Thanks for helping a po' gear n00b,
    Foshizl

2. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    The only thing you can keep is the pouch. Spend some time and real through devgru's impression thread. We lay it all out for him, you can pick your way through it. You have a long way to go and with where you're starting, there's simply no way we can spoon feed you everything you need to know. You're going to have to spend a few hours a day just scouring different geardo boards and the SEAL impression threads we have up here to get up to snuff. I hope you're prepared to do a lot of research and spend a lot of money.

3. Foshizl

Foshizl New Member

St. Louis
    Oh boy.....MOAR homework!

4. Devgru98

Devgru98 New Member Supporting Member

Polo
    It takes a lot of research. Oh, and get a new plate carrier. Condor sucks

5. Foshizl

Foshizl New Member

St. Louis
    Any quick recommendations? My budget is limited at this time (no job, economy, all that stuff).

6. Knief

Ann Arbor
    Yes, I recommend you read the SEAL impression threads we have. We talk about PCs more than just about anything. 10 minutes of reading will turn up your options.

7. Devgru98

Polo
    +1 there's countless options.

8. Knief

Ann Arbor
    More importantly, there's no easy road to learning about gear. If we write you a kit list, you still don't know anything about what you're using or why you're using it. You won't know how to improve or personalize your kit. You absolutely need to learn how to do research on your own if you want to do any kind of impression. It's not just about knowing a few bits of gear, it's about knowing how to find what gear is available to you.

9. Foshizl

Foshizl New Member

St. Louis
    The condor was the ONLY PC I could get my hands on and actually have something that fits me. I'm a 5'10" 130 lb stickman. It still only barely fits me XP
    But I will look into something not cheap.

Duly noted, mon capitan.

10. Devgru98

Polo
    You should be able to find plenty of PC's small enough.

11. Shadow_Nugz

Shadow_Nugz New Member

Sioux City
    What Devgru said, especially if you buy from Hong Kong, a lot of those PC's are meant to fit itty bitty Chinamen.

But yeah, dig through Devgru and even Grin's threads.