See through Red Dot with Goggles, Need Help!

Discussion in 'General Accessory Discussion' started by Urban_ART, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Urban_ART

Urban_ART New Member

I have a KWA KM4 SR10 and I am wanting to put a red dot sight whether it's a holographic or tube sight. My concern is am I going to be able to see comfortably through a holographic sight with my FlakJak goggles and mesh metal half face mask? And if not what red dot sight should I go with?

The holographic sight I'm looking at: http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPath=32_179&products_id=28611

2. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    You know that a red dot sight is supposed to sit around the middle of the gun, so your face should not be anywhere near it? You should be more concerned whether or not you can rest your cheek against the stock of the gun.

3. Urban_ART

Urban_ART New Member

I can rest my cheek on the stock but aren't iron sights higher than a red dot?

4. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    Most red dots are either co-witnessed with the iron sights or sit just above them. You can also add a riser mount to elevate the sight, if you so choose.

5. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    Second that. You can always adjust your sights for elevation and wind age and add a riser to so you dont have to crush your cheek against the stock. My two guns have an Aimpoint red dot but each have different mounts. My Cantilever mount makes one sight sit higher than my iron sights while the other one uses a standard mount that actually sits in line. I use a magnifier with the cantilever mounted scope so it has to sit higher in its mount.

6. Urban_ART

Urban_ART New Member

Okay, thanks! Any suggestions on what type of red dot to get like a holographic or tube?

7. Knief

Ann Arbor
    You're not getting anything holographic without dropping a lot of money. What you're talking about is a replica of an EOTech. The EOTech uses holographic technology. The replica doesn't. That's a big distinction. The reason why that's a big distinction is because it doesn't matter which sight you get, knowing that you're not getting a sight that uses holographic technology. Whether you get a replica EOTech, replics Aimpoint, or crappy Tasco, they're all using essentially the same LED system to reflect the dot off the lens. Get whatever you like the looks of best.

8. Urban_ART

Urban_ART New Member

Okay, thanks Kneif! (20 characters)

9. philsaudio

philsaudio New Member

Atlanta GA USA
    you dont use a red dot like metal sights. You need to learn to look at the target with both eyes open and you will see the dot in your field of vision just floating there. Where the dot is the bb will go.

peace

10. Urban_ART

Urban_ART New Member

Okay lol! (20 characters)

11. Knief

Ann Arbor
    Urban_ART,

We have a 20 character limit so that members will fill their posts with a minimum of 20 characters worth of content, not 20 characters worth of filler. Any future posts where you fill space with "(20 characters)" or something similar will be deleted.

12. Urban_ART

Urban_ART New Member

Alright sorry, I didn't know.

13. AirmageddonAirsoft

AirmageddonAirsoft New Member

Denver
    Not to say you can't use iron sights with both eyes open. :)

14. Kevin468

Kevin468 New Member

Somerset
    WAIT! so ive been using my scope the wrong way this whole time?

15. _xHawkenx_

_xHawkenx_ New Member

Well every shooter is different but generally its good to be able to shoot with both eyes open.

16. GamingShogun

GamingShogun New Member

I have a KM4 SR10 and run FlakJack's as well as a lower face mesh mask. In order to get a good line of sight with my red dot, I needed to install a riser. I chose this one and don't regret it one bit. Just be sure you sight your optics in AFTER getting it mounted on the riser.

http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=32891