Selector switch issue.

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by Squirrel8811, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Squirrel8811

Squirrel8811 New Member

This is on my King Arms M4. The selector switch is extremely touchy. I spend more time during a game switching from single fire to safe and back (single fire rule at my field) than anything else. Even if it looks like its in single fire it still might be in full auto. And even when it is in single fire it may be more like 2 or 3 rnd burst. Is there any way to adjust this? Its getting annoying coming around and either lighting someone up and getting yelled at for full auto or the gun is on safe because I keep having to switch it back and forth.

And the gun is almost brand new. Its been like this since day one. Only a few months old.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  2. Col1500

Col1500 New Member

Kent
    Is your selector switch lose at all? It's easiest to tell by looking at how far the switch is from the lower receiver.

3. Squirrel8811

Squirrel8811 New Member

No its not loose. It just doesnt "click" into position. All you have to do is look at it and it seems to move.

4. Col1500

Col1500 New Member

Kent
    When it isn't tight enough, it doesn't wobble like you would think, it's just spaced far enough from the receiver to not have enough pressure from the clicky assembly to hold it in place. It's probably that or KA forgot to put the spring and ball assembly in that makes it click lol. If you could take a picture of the gun sideways so that we could see the gap it would be really helpful :)

5. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    It's probably missing the ball and spring assembly which is stated above.

If its missing, you can cut the spring provided in a v2 misc spring set. The cut off lever one. Not sure on the exact size. But it works and fits.
    Or... Just install a piece of thin "springy wire" ;) wink wink, for the McGuyver version. Works fine too lol.

Unless this is a second hand m4 and the previous owner did his special tech work on it lol

6. Squirrel8811

Squirrel8811 New Member

Ok looked at it some more last night. I was mistaken it does "click" but the contacts seem to be touchy. when it clicks into single it fires single if you even nudge the selector then it goes full auto. And even when firing in single it most if the time shoots 2 or 3 rnd burst. Sorry again for the missinformation. And again gun is new only 3 months old. And the switch is all the way against the receiver.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  7. Col1500

Col1500 New Member

Kent
    What battery are you using?

8. Squirrel8811

Squirrel8811 New Member

9. Col1500

Col1500 New Member

Kent
    Alright, so it seems like it's something going on between your cutoff lever and your selector plate. To me, it looks like your cutoff lever isn't being engaged enough by the selector plate, so sometimes when you shoot your cutoff lever vibrates and doesn't catch, and when you move the selector very slightly your cutoff lever doesn't catch. I'd take the gearbox box out and see how they mesh if I were you.

10. Squirrel8811

Squirrel8811 New Member

Ok thanks. Ill keep that in mind when I take it out. To be honest ive only been into airsoft for a few months and still the thought of opening a gear box frightens me. But thanks for the help.

11. Col1500

Col1500 New Member

Kent
    You don't have to open the gearbox, just see how the selector plate meshes with the cutoff lever from the outside. See if the piece other then the selector plate in this picture is impeded by anything.

[​IMG]

12. Squirrel8811

Squirrel8811 New Member

Ahhh ok. Ill have a look at it the next time the gun is apart. Thanks