Semi auto sniper rifle under 300

Discussion in 'Sniper Rifles' started by scottydontknow1, Dec 8, 2012.

1. scottydontknow1

scottydontknow1 New Member

I was looking into a decent semi auto sniper, but cant seem to make up my mind on any. I really like the platform of a sr25 tho. Any suggestions ?

2. kevincull

kevincull New Member

The dboys full metal sr25 is better than thea&k sr25 I think. But I think you should get the echo1 redstar csr svd or the king arms svd aeg. The svd is a better gun. The csr shoots 300 ft.what about the kjw kco2 gasblowback sniper?

3. Seyo

Seyo New Member

Behind you
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2012
  4. rich635

rich635 New Member

Los Angeles
    Go for the A&K. It uses a V2.5, rather than a modified V2. Some proprietary parts, but larger cylinder volume, better for longer barrels and heavier ammo.

5. scottydontknow1

I have never purchased from a&k or JG, so i was wandering should i expect any problems from these brands? I do like the a&k tho, it seem more promising to what i was looking for.

6. TheFallenHero

TheFallenHero New Member

i believe the A&K is the best one. I believe edi or someone said it a long time ago.

I will say this though. Why do you want a semi auto sniper. Its no different then a DMR which is just a hopped up AEG. Out of the box they will have the same performance anyways.

7. scottydontknow1

That's very true, although i have a bolt action MB07. it's okish i mean it could use some more upgrades but i don't want to take the time and money to upgrade it further. I just wanted something a bit different so i was looking into the semi auto sniper. But now i think about the sniper role isn't me but i do enjoy the thrill of those long range kills, so i think a nice DMR is for me.

8. kevincull

kevincull New Member

Get a king arms svd. Way better quality for the cash the aeg version!

9. TheFallenHero

TheFallenHero New Member

If you do want to go the DMR way do not get an AEG sniper. They are the most useless pieces of junk ever. Generally they are just a JG m4 in a sniper outer. Which isnt bad. But your just paying for the externals.

As far as picking a platform to work off on for a DMR id recommending heading over to the gun modification section and asking them although i always recommend starting out with a gun at under 200 dollars as with a DMR you literally replace everything on the inside and its more about the externals then anything.

10. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    the only semi auto snipers available are the SVD and the Barret... The SVD is one sexy gun but with the SR25 comment, your looking into a DMR platform. SR25 are great but for a DMR you need to mechanically make them semi only. A&K makes a very nice SR and all you need to do is upgrade the barrel, bucking, and motor. The internals are actually pretty solid.
    The A&K is probably your best choice. Get a few extra mags, and upgrade it when you can and youll be set to go. Start with the hopup/bucking, TBB and motor and then go to the internals