Semi not working

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by chi-airsofter, Aug 3, 2012.

1. chi-airsofter

chi-airsofter Member

mokena
    Hey guys, yesterday I shimmed my gun and lubed it. Then when I put my gun together and test fire it my safety just clicks. My full auto and my safety works fine, just the semi doesn't work. So I opened the gb up and looked, and for some reason the trigger isn't catching right on the contact. I do not know why this is happening, please help.

2. Ze_Glocksman

Ze_Glocksman New Member

Kerrville
    If the gun is shooting full auto then it's not a trigger contact problem. When you have it on semi is it not even touching the contact? Of that's the case then take some pliers or something and squeeze the contacts closer together. Also is it a v2, v3 gearbox?

3. chi-airsofter

chi-airsofter Member

mokena
    it's a v.2 gearbox. The top if the trigger, the part that catches onto the upper trigger contact will catch the contact but then it will let go before it can push it forward enough to shoot.

4. Ze_Glocksman

Ze_Glocksman New Member

Kerrville
    Do you have pics of it? So your saying that the trigger will start to push forward the trigger contact but before it reaches the other contacts it lets go?

5. chi-airsofter

chi-airsofter Member

mokena
    Exactly, I'll get pics up in a little bit.

6. phyre

phyre Member

Richmond
    Check the disconnector (little metal thing that pops the trigger contact out after each semi-shot) and make sure it isn't blocking the trigger contact from seating properly.