Setup

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by jaredb23, Oct 23, 2012.

1. jaredb23

jaredb23 New Member

Janesville
    Is this too much for a beginner? It's about 70 dollars all together without the headset

Attached Files:

2. Mikeinator

Mikeinator New Member

Northern VA (no more info, someone might find me...)
    If you really get into airsoft, then no, because you will eventually be buying this stuff anyways. You might want to wait a little in case as you are into airsoft longer you like a different loadout.

3. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    Where did you find that whole setup for 70?

4. stroop66

stroop66 New Member

Yeah where did you? Please post a link!

5. jaredb23

jaredb23 New Member

Janesville
    Ibh helmet for 58.00 pretty much anywhere. I'm getting it of amazon. Goggles on eBay for 10.00 and the mesh facade for like 5 of amazon or any website pretty much. A little over 70 but whatever! :) goggles can be arena flakjaks, ess, or desert locust you can all get on eBay for cheap!!

6. 703

703 Active Member

webster
    I don't see any problem with that being "too much" for a beginner. You have your face protection & eye protection. Helmet is mainly personal prefrence.

7. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    Thats not too much especially for the cost. You need eye pro, youll want face pro, and a helmet, if you like it go for it. Most of the time Airsofters will get a helmet down the road after they have their primary how they want it, a secondary, full uniform and sometimes a backup primary. All of those things come first for me... then I will get a helmet

8. 1badweasel

1badweasel New Member

Santa Rosa
    I have the same Revision goggles and half-mask, and I can never seem to get them to seat right. But in all likelihood, you should get it. The mask and goggles together cost roughly that much in total. And the helmet is just icing on the cake.

9. Nacht

Nacht New Member

Priceville
    I would check to see if those are actually what you think they are. I can't imagine finding desert locusts for 10 bucks.

10. Finalencounter

Finalencounter Duke of Penguins Supporting Member

Warrenton
    Just my input on Flakjaks. I haven't done major testing, but do far they haven't fogged up on me and are very comfortable and nice goggles.