Airsoft Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I have a tanfoglio stock 2 as real gun and for training ipsc I used a shadow 2 with co2 (winter) and silicon free gas (summer).

My workouts are made of some and basic exercise in my private box. I shoot at 6 mt distance with 3-4 small targets (10x10 cm, black area at center).

The gun is stock, I changed only the spring recoil (140%) and polished the slides.

I aim to the center of the black area, but the shots accumulate in a dense area 4 cm to the left than the center, the shots always go to the left, there is no difference even if I move the whole rear sight to the left!

Could it be hopup damage?

· Administrator
12,539 Posts
No...have you inspected the inner barrel and packing to see if it's off center?

What other people do is that they shim the inner barrel to the outer barrel to stay on center.

· Administrator
12,539 Posts
If nozzle is not in alignment it wouldn't load.

· Premium Member
356 Posts
As suggested, remove and inspect the inner barrel and packing/bucking to ensure that the packing/bucking is centered correct. Next check that the hop-arm is applying pressure evenly. I have seen stock GBB pistols come with bent hop arms so pressure is not applied correctly. Last, clean and polish the barrel.

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Okay.

I spend 250 bb ans 3 co2 caps.

I have not found any strangeness in the bucking other than the fact that it is very unstable inside the outer barrel but in the various youtube videos it seems to be normal. By moving the parts and reassembling the slide the accuracy has improved, howewer it continues to go to the left, now a little less. There is one important thing that I had forgotten: when I bought the gun I disassembled all the parts, one of these, the U part in the body where the bucking and the hold open are then hooked up, this part may be bent due to stuck pin. I looked it carefully and it seems to have an inclination of 1 mm towards one side. if so, it could mean that the barrel is slightly inclined laterally and therefore also the hop up group. See the pic.

Attachments

· Administrator
12,539 Posts
That is just the trigger block...it is not part of your barrel system where the issue with accuracy is...area in blue.

Rectangle Font Parallel Circle Space

You should get some 8mm ID orings and put them on the barrel at position in yellow. Make sure they are not too thick, perhaps a10mm OD to help center by shimming your inner barrel.

Font Wood Circle Fashion accessory Metal

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you. I was going crazy.

Now I'm looking with attention the hop-up, is crooked inside the barrel! may be having mooved. I need to disassembling and check it. Absolutely yes for o-ring, thanks mate !

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi guys, I byed the ice pick valve by poseidon, but don't works: the first shot runs perfectly, but at second the magazine freezes and empties totally. Why? what did I do wrong? The valve looks crooked from the outside.

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm sorry for delay, the valve ice pick is too large for s2 nozzle, So I cannot fit it in my pistol, I will use this valve for another project (glock or hi capa). But In the meantime I fitted a CL outer barrel and maple leaf hopup (decepticon 60)... and wow!!!! Is incredible, more more accuracy!!

· Registered
293 Posts
red pick, as video that you linked. KJW/ASG shadow 2 are the same pistol, yes.
Yes, ASG contracts with KJW for the Shadow 2

There are no aftermarket nozzle valves that will fit the Shadow 2 nozzle. Tried many. Many. There is no need for a different one anyways. Autobot packings by Maple Leaf, and TN.T. APS-X packing work great with the propriety hop-up for better range and accuracy.

The two retainer screws in the rear sight loosen so the sight can be windage adjusted. Though, I had to use a nylon tap to get the sight to move as it is pressure fit in.

I recently installed the CL Project Design non-tilt outer barrel and had to resight my Shadow 2. NOW EVEN MORE ACCURATE. Mine was already very accurate out the box.

· Administrator
12,539 Posts
Isn't the Red one compatible with most nozzles?

· Administrator
12,539 Posts
Externals is a different profile...internal should be the same (gas flow point)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts