Shady's GBB teching thread

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by Shady, Dec 28, 2013.

1. Rainmaker

Rainmaker Member

PDX
    Slightly increased efficiency without dropping a dime:

After looking at high flow floating valves and the position of a firmly tightened WE G mag valve I decided to loosen the float-valve a few degrees to give one of the valve ports a better path to the nozzle. I noticed tighter fps readings at Chrono, but still topping out at 320 with full mag of gas after mag rest.

I wouldn't go more then an 1/8th of a turn loose for safety reasons. IMG_20190522_111658929.jpeg

2. VMC ToxiicKarma

VMC ToxiicKarma New Member

I lost the spring for my 1911 tac that returns the trigger to the proper position after a shot is fired can I buy another one? Or replace it with a different spring?

3. fred_ditto

fred_ditto Well-Known Member

Des Moines
    Um... replace it with a different pistol.

-Spitfire- likes this.
  4. VMC ToxiicKarma

Even if I replace the pistol I’d still like to fix this one if possible but thanks for the input

5. Shady

Shady Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator Lifetime Supporter

It's an Elite Force so your options are rather limited. Your best bet is to get one of their rebuild kits and hope it has the part you need. I agree with Fred though, the best thing you can do is just get a different, better, pistol.

-Spitfire- and fred_ditto like this.
  6. VMC ToxiicKarma

I think the hammer rebuild kit has a spring I can use, however I do want another full metal gbb. Any recommendations? I’d like something that’s extremely customizable, I’ve been looking into hi capas but I’m still fairly new to airsoft so I’m unsure

7. fred_ditto

Des Moines
    Get a Hi Capa. Stay away from WE.

8. Honeybadgerz17

Honeybadgerz17 Well-Known Member

Bellevue
    WE's are better than EF's... but try to stick to KJW or Tokyo Marui (TMs plastic but amazing) the kjw kpo5/6 is something you should check out

-Spitfire- and fred_ditto like this.
  9. fred_ditto

Des Moines
    Yes to all of those things. Plus, with a TM, you just need a 120% recoil spring, and you're good to run propane with no fear of the stock slide cracking. The plastic slide works quite well in colder weather with just propane. A metal hammer strike plate won't hurt, either. And for the love of god, don't buy from evike.

wetpee and -Spitfire- like this.
  10. VMC ToxiicKarma

I really like that kpo5 I think that’s gunna be my next pistol I’ve been trying very hard to stay away from the plastic frames and I love the 1911 so it’s a perfect choice

11. fred_ditto

Des Moines
    Tokyo Maruis wouldn't be so widely recommended if they broke. It's great plastic. The part of the frame that the slide goes on is metal.

-Spitfire- likes this.
  12. VMC ToxiicKarma

I agree I just like the weight of the metal I know tm is high quality, idk I’ll look around an see if I can hold a tm at my local shop see how it feels before I make my decision

13. Shady

Just a heads up, I will be taking a brief break from Teching. My wife and I are moving cross country and I will be starting a new career. My airsoft stuff is being left with my parents for now, and it will be brought to us this summer, so until then I will be unable to take any teching jobs.

wetpee, aotsukisho and -Spitfire- like this.
  14. -Spitfire-

-Spitfire- Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Oceanside
    East coast?

15. Shady

Nah, far north Idaho.