Featured Shenzhen Chihai Motor Company-Aliexpress

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by 1tonne, Nov 13, 2020.

1. 1tonne

1tonne Well-Known Member

New Zealand
    So I have been looking on Aliexpress at the Shenzhen Chihai Motor Company. I have purchased from them before and the motors seem good.
    Anyway, they seem to have a new motor or one that I had not seen on there since I last purchased from them.
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001383750985.html?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.43.3688496cgtQQuQ
    (If the link does not show up just search for CHF-480WA-N52 in Aliexpress)
    The motor seems extra powerful but someone else may be able to tell me more. What are they like compared to the highest torque Tienly that people on here seem to talk about on this forum?
    (I would not be surprised if a lot of the big name airsoft motors are made by this company).

2. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    Product Type:CHIHAI MOTOR CHF-480WA-N52-32TPA CNC

It's a N52, so that is the strongest NEO motor on the market.

However, that is a rather anemic motor for a 11.1V:

DC11.1V :SPEED 15000rpm

They are indeed an OEM/ODM of other makers like ZCI...they look very familiar...

http://chihaidianji.gzjcqp.com/

However, that price is near retail pricing or slightly above...

3. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

That's almost as much as a Tienly motor and more than a Guarder ITU, not a prticularly good deal really. Also, 32 TPA is a pointlessly high TPA for most applications IMO. Yes, it has superior torque to say a 22 TPA motor, but at the same time it has a significantly lower power output.

4. 1tonne

1tonne Well-Known Member

New Zealand
    So out of all of the Chihai motors, which would be best for a DSG build at 1.13 joules? (I know it is a guess but there would be plenty of people on here that would be able to give a better guess than me)

5. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    1.13J is low power...it depends on what you want. Anything would work.

6. Lefse

Depends on whether it's a 10:1 ratio DSG setup doing 80+ RPS or a 18:1 ratio DSG setup doing 30+ RPS. Also depends on the actual spring used and the battery voltage and power handling.

7. 1tonne

1tonne Well-Known Member

New Zealand
    Obviously with a DSG you are wanting it to shoot as many high rounds as possible.
    The last one I made shot 35rps with a 7.4v and 45rps with a 11.1v. Motor was a JG armature and a SHS Can. DSG ratio was an 18:1 DSG.
    So just wondering if one of these motors could do better.

8. Lefse

You'll lose ROF if you get a higer TPA motor obviously, doubt you'll notice and significant difference in trigger response. If maximum ROF is the goal, why not a 16 or 14 TPA motor and possibly a 14.8V li-po?

Your question is confusing. Do you have specific performance goals or are you just experimenting? I usually decide on performance goals before I start buidling a nex setup, not the other way around.

You also don't necessarily go DSG for maximum possible ROF, sometimes a moderate ROF DSG can be beneficial. For example in a P90 that are notoroisly difficult to feed, DSG setups are easier to feed than SSG setups in my experience, so a moderate ROF DSG setup can make sense in that particular scenario.

9. 1tonne

1tonne Well-Known Member

New Zealand
    Really, I am just experimenting.
    What about if I was to use 13:1 gears and 11.1v? Would the 32TPA be fine?

(I know my questions are a little ambiguous. Just wanting to see people opinion. The 16 tpa with a 14.8V may be another idea)

10. Ben3721

Ben3721 Active Member

The rps output depends on the gearset ratio, motor tpa/magnets, spring and battery. And if its a 9 tooth or 8 tooth dsg.

The fps and rps goal determines what you'll need. A 32tpa neo motor is probably the slowest factory made motor ive ever seen.

Guessing it would work alright with a 10:1 9 tooth dsg, but there are other combos. That motor probably has a very consistent rpm peak being torque heavy, if you can find the rpm for a 2-3 cell lipo, then do the math for the gearset x2(factoring the dsg in) then you'll get the rough rps output to run with. Then adjust till its what you want.

If your really trying to hit stupid high rps that isn't really practical, triple sector gears do now exist via 3d printing metal without being too soft, it was designed by an older tech that made the design as a joke at first on a old forum (ASM), turns out they work, they fit onto shs gearset sectors. Or wait for an official tsg to be released by siegetek or shs, word is that is being worked on already. There are videos of kids hitting 70rps+ on Instagram with low fps outputs, but I feel there is room to go higher if pushed more.

Many struggle to understand this. A 40rps dsg is moving the tappet back and forward at the same speed as a 20rps ssg would without a sector chip, just twice as much since it cycles twice per full rotation.

11. Lefse

Closest thing would be a 14:1 ratio SC DSG gear set, otherwise you'd have to DYI a DSG sector to be compatible with a 13:1 ratio spur gear. Difficult, but not impossible to do. Nothing wrong with experimenting a little of course. I've done some bonkers builds myself just to see how it would fare.

wetpee and 1tonne like this.