Shipping Airsoft

Discussion in 'Staging Area' started by bludyknux, Aug 13, 2012.

1. bludyknux

bludyknux New Member

What company do you use and is most cost efficient when shipping an airsoft gun such as an M4. What are the packing techniques?

2. TheAirsoftTech

TheAirsoftTech New Member

IMO, Airsoft Gi has the best deals when it comes down to shipping.
    Spend over 100$ (which if you get a gun you will) you get free shipping on top of which you can add codes to save more money. Shipping's pretty efficient too, I ordered a JG G36c and several upgrade parts last Sunday and it arrived today.

The packaging techniques consist of, putting whatever you ordered inside a box. Then putting brown packaging paper around and on top of the items. Not on the bottom, which concerns me. But none of my six boxes I'v ordered have I ever had to return something due to bad shipping.

3. bludyknux

bludyknux New Member

I should have been more specific, I'm sorry. I mean UPS, FEDEX, USPS, for shipping a gun to someone.

4. Sparky_D

Sparky_D Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Pierce County
    I use UPS for long arms, USPS for smaller packages.

5. TheAirsoftTech

TheAirsoftTech New Member

I can't answer that very well. I would think UPS, all the packages I'v ordered come from UPS and they come in acceptable condition. But, FedEx is pretty good too, my parents ordered a package once on a Thursday and it came Saturday from FedEx. So, that means FedEx ships on Saturdays.. UPS doesn't.

6. Sparky_D

Sparky_D Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Pierce County
    UPS delivers on Saturdays. It just costs more for Sat. delivery

7. ShooterMcgavin

ShooterMcgavin New Member

New Port News
    I usually use UPS for larger packages and USPS for smaller ones. Be careful though most locally owned UPS stores will not ship airsoft guns. You need to ship from the main office in the region unless you box the gun up first.

Found this out by not having any packaging material. Put the gun the box asked them if they could help me protect it after explaining what it was. Said they weren't supposed to ship airsoft guns from the location. Had to drive 1 hour out of my way to ship a gun no big deal but just a fyi.

8. Retrospection

Retrospection Member

Kimballton
    Usps is generally always the cheapest option.

Sources: my moms a post master, and shipgooder.com

9. bludyknux

bludyknux New Member

I just want something reliable, cheap, and hassle free. If I box it up and tape it, put the box it in a bigger box with an address, then will UPS ship easily?

10. Retrospection

Retrospection Member

Kimballton
    If your not sure and want pricing goto shipgooder.com

It compares prices of shipping packages from ups, usps, and fedex.

11. BoogerMc

BoogerMc Airsoft Jedi Master Supporting Member

Akron
    Best answer is, when boxing the gun, use packing foam, bubble wrap, sealed air bags, or foam peanuts to fill the empty space, this will ensure a safe trip without a lot of added weight. Tape it up real good and use a plain brown box if possible, the only writing should be the ship to and from addresses. However, if there is writing, black it out or wrap the box in brown paper. I have found that USPS is cheaper for the shipping costs, but their insurance can sometimes be higher; whereas, UPS is the opposite, their shipping costs are higher, but their insurance is cheaper.

Also, always know your weight, you will pay by the pound from UPS, but USPS can sometimes charge a flat rate depending on the method of shipping.

I do not prefer Fed Ex because their system is more complicated and they can be very particular about some things. UPS is very simple, you can even set up the pick up, payment, and tracking online. USPS is the same way, but that will depend on a few factors.

If you have the original packaging, use it, if not, both USPS and UPS sell boxes of various sizes, but UPS can be expensive. I paid $25 for the box to ship my contest donation last year and another $25 to actually ship the package with insurance.

12. Fyzix

Fyzix Fyzzy Was Here. Supporting Member

Garland
    What Booger said.

I use FedEx for shipping my replicas. Had too many beat up packages through UPS and USPS.

For smaller things (Magazines etc) I use UPS.