Shipping my airsoft gun

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by likeaboz2002, Jul 31, 2018.

Tags:
  1. likeaboz2002

likeaboz2002 Member

Colorado Springs
    I have a potential buyer for my SIG 552, and need to know how to ship the thing. From what I have gathered, I just pack it securely in a box (with no markings that it's a replica firearm), slap on a label, and mail it. I have also heard that I should get package insurance. How do I do that? How costly would it be to insure it for $80-100?

2. PerryS197

PerryS197 New Member

Phoenix
    I’m pretty sure. You can go on a shipping website (ups,usps, etc...) and print a label, put it on the unmarked brown box, taped shut packaged well and drop it off. Insurance shouldn’t be too much at all. My guess is $2-$10. As long as all this is in the US.

3. Bruiser5K

Bruiser5K I fuel things. Supporting Member

Warner Robins
    If you can separate the upper receiver from the lower, do so and wrap both with generous amount of bubble wrap and packing peanuts. I've shipped M4's like that to ensure the buyer gets the gun with no damage.

link0 likes this.
  4. Peeque

Peeque Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Lancaster
    If you ship with USPS insurance for $100 is $2.05. Other shipping couriers should be similarly priced. The 552 looks small enough that if you separate the receivers it should fit in a large flat rate box from USPS. If you pay for shipping in PayPal it will be a tad cheaper than retail prices.

link0 likes this.
  5. likeaboz2002

likeaboz2002 Member

Colorado Springs
    Not sure how to separate the upper & lower, but I have managed to remove the stock. Is it ok if the box I choose has some markings if I cover them up well with a sharpie or something, and the label is easily visible?

6. Peeque

Lancaster
    Yeah that is ok.

7. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    552 receivers don't separate easily like most AR variant.

The box you ship with can have any markings as long as they are NOT addresses. If there are address...cover them or sharpie them over.

I send flash hiders out in old Fancy Feast Cat food boxes. It makes for a festive Christmassy feel for when the receiver gets it...who doesn't a like a cat who delivers your flash hider.

likeaboz2002 and Chow like this.
  8. link0

link0 Well-Known Member

SF Bay Area
    Your gun has a folding stock. Just fold the stock and it will EASILY fit into a USPS large flat rate box (made for board games). You won't get it much smaller by separating the upper from the lower (even though it's a 5 second job on my ICS SIG 552).

9. Peeque

Lancaster
    I would take the stock off if you can instead of just folding it. If you just fold it the box will bulge on the side, they will still accept it, but you won't be able to properly protect it from other packages being tossed on top which could break it.

10. link0

link0 Well-Known Member

SF Bay Area
    True that. The ICS SIG has a steel receiver though, and should be able to handle it.