Shipping to New Zealand

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by Taticool, Jul 25, 2021.

1. Taticool

Taticool New Member

Auckland
    Hi there, I've never purchased a rifle from outside the country but I've heard they're cheaper from overseas so I was just wondering if anyone knows how reliable shipping from certain stores in the US, UK or Japan are to a country like New Zealand. So basically, which stores are good with their overseas shipping. And whether I should even bother with it considering the shipping costs and that I have to obtain a permit as well

2. sheed

sheed New Member

Stratford
    Kiwi here - Shipping is not too bad from Asia based suppliers. Gets a little expensive from the US or Europe so normally we try to combine orders within TAR to try and get the best shipping costs.

If you're looking for an AEG in NZ there are some good shops these days - hit me up if you want more info.

3. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    Yeah...don't get USA Models. We don't get the good stuff here, so don't over pay for US Distribution junky guns...get Asian Models...far better bang for the currency that you use.

Chow likes this.
  4. sheed

sheed New Member

Stratford
    What's the good stuff these days?

I've been out of the scene for long enough that some of these newer brands are unknown to me. Been looking for a brand breakdown for while to get my bearing to advise new players.

5. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    No chart exists and to many "paid" influencers are out there. They totally are helping distribution to fleece the new players.

Taiwan Brands are mostly good. Japanese Brands are Good. Chinese Brands don't really exist. They OEM more and APS, WELL are still junk. E&C, Arcturus/E&L is good.

JHat likes this.
  6. sheed

sheed New Member

Stratford
    That is what I've been noticing - a lot of people getting recommended gear for prices that are ridiculous.
    I mostly advise people to get Combat Machines as they still seem to be the best deal in NZ.

From what I've gathered ICS has gone downhill - though I haven't really confirmed that and I've heard good things about Krytacs. I get a lot of questions about the reliability of those brands - any opinion on those two?

7. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    ICS has not gone down hill...they are just normal ICS.

Good batch, bad batch...good batch again for 2-3 batches and a bad batch.

Krytacs are fine...semi - proprietary in a few areas, but in stock form...they work just fine.