Shipping?

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by valleywarfare, Oct 15, 2012.

1. valleywarfare

valleywarfare New Member

Ogden
    I don't know if this is where this thread should go, but I was wondering if anyone can help me with some shipping problems! I'm trying to send my gun to a buyer who lives in the U.K. And I have no clue how to ship it to him. What carrier should I use? And how much would it cost? I live in Utah.

2. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    fedex is a good carrier. I use them religiously. make sure you have the orange tip on the gun and that you declare it a toy to the the person who takes it in, in receiving. Ask them what they need and what you need to do. It will be easier for them to answer

3. valleywarfare

valleywarfare New Member

Ogden
    Who do I ask that stuff? And how much would it cost? And can you help me know exactly what to do?

4. Protectionperfection

Worcester
    (Let me rephrase that. They dont NEED to know but its less risky if they do) You ask those things because they need to know that you are shipping a "weapon" whether it is a toy or not. it still needs to be treated as real. It MUST have an orange tip on it if leaving state lines. In state you can use orange tape but I dont risk it other than local. If it goes through a random scanner (ive had it happen to me once and they opened it to check fro orange tip) and it doesnt have the orange tip when they open it, they can confiscate it.
    Price all depends on how much it weighs, how fast you want it to get there, how far and if you pack it or they do.
    I suggest packing it yourself in a box and just have them ship it. Pack it up and get it ready and have them give you a quote and then go compare that quote to everywhere else (UPS, USPS, DHL whatever is near you)

5. valleywarfare

valleywarfare New Member

Ogden
    I tried getting a FedEx quote and it said it would cost $300... o_O

So can you tell me exactly what to do to ship it? Sorry, I'm kinda confused!

6. Protectionperfection

Worcester
    you pack it in a box. bring it to a store. tell them its a toy gun. and ship it... it shouldnt cost 300... what the hell are you shipping?

7. ThompsonFTW

ThompsonFTW New Member

Dayton
    He is shipping to the U.K.

8. Protectionperfection

Worcester
    ive shipped to the UK before and it didnt cost me near that much. Im not saying it should cost $50 but $300 is huge. I shipped an MP5 it cost me 110 and change

9. valleywarfare

valleywarfare New Member

Ogden
    I'm shipping an M4! It weighs 7 lbs. But that's a lot of money to ship something!

10. Protectionperfection

Worcester
    yeah thats alot even for 7lbs. I would get quotes elsewhere and compare them...

11. valleywarfare

valleywarfare New Member

Ogden
    Where else could I get quotes?

12. Protectionperfection

Worcester
    UPS, USPS, DHL. I listed them before

13. ThompsonFTW

ThompsonFTW New Member

Dayton
    He says it right here.....