Shooting in Aurora, Colorado theatre during TDKR premiere night.

Discussion in 'Staging Area' started by FSTK, Jul 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FSTK

FSTK Member

http://abcnews.go.com/US/mass-shooting-colorado-movie-theater-14-people-dead/story?id=16817842

Long-story short. 24 year old from San Diego, CA decked out in Full Riot gear set off smoke bombs about 30 minutes into the movie The Dark Knight Rises and opens fire on people. 10 dead so far, 50 wounded so far. Police are looking into his alleged booby-trapped apartment for assault rifles, shotguns, explosives.

I hope I got all the important facts right. There's more like how he was a former medical student from Colorado. The simple fact that he's from CA bothers me a lot.

2. Munishin

Munishin Well-Known Member

Goodyear
    Why does it matter where he's from. Anybody in an unstable mindset can go out or develop a want to nonsensicaly kill people. I'm from San Diego myself but I've never had the thoughts to want to kill or commit mass murder.

3. Dead Eye

Dead Eye New Member

Ocala
    No matter where this person is from it is sad to see this type of thing. my question is what could have set this person off to do such carnage to people he did not even know.

4. Havok17

Havok17 New Member

Chicago
    That is terrible. But I have the same question has DeadEye, what caused him to do this? And OP; There is physco-paths from every state, why does it matter that he's from CA? I can't stress enough the fact of how awful this is.

5. Urbanprodigy

Urbanprodigy New Member

I heard the gas made it Hard for
    People to move so they were defenseless. I think that's really sad and scary. Imagine being In that situation where you see people around you being shot and killed and you may be next but you can't even move. That's just plain scary to think about

6. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    Some people are prone to shock when something tragic happens to them. This might be the thing that set it off. Unless the assailant issues a statement himself, there is no way anyone can tell you what happened.

7. BlackDragonAirsoft

BlackDragonAirsoft New Member

I know this isn't the focus but it's dirtbags like this that's going to get firearms and eventually Airsoft banned for all of us. But the real deal here is that this guy no longer deserves a place on this earth.

8. Munishin

Munishin Well-Known Member

Goodyear
    So I don't know if anyone has been staying up to date or following the news on the suspect but apparently he thought he was The Joker.

9. zreakz

zreakz New Member

I read he also dyed his hair red, which just says more about how messed up in the head he is. I also read something on how CNN is blaming video games for his violence...

10. Whiplashairsoft1

Whiplashairsoft1 New Member

42 Wallaby Way
    What a horrible person. Here come the anti gun attacks…..

I thought he was from Denver, though?

He dyed his hair red to be like the joker, supposedly. Am I the only one who realizes that the joker’s hair is green?

Edit: sniped!

11. IHOP

IHOP New Member

Rockton
    It's a part of the Who What When Where Why and How. Stating where the suspect is from doesn't automatically make everyone from that location a gun wielding mass murderer and I'm sure FSTK is not insinuating that at all. It's just a detail.
    I'm not sure on the exact wording James Holmes used when he said he was the Joker, but that could mean he literally thinks he is the Joker from the batman movies, or he is him and just calls himself the Joker just as others may have names for themselves. Doesn't necessarily mean he thought he was that character. He could very well have just borrowed the name. I guess we'll never know.

Sniped? Really? Such appropriate use of terminology.
    Just kidding. I've already made a joke or two... or 3. Ok, maybe 4.

12. Devgru98

Devgru98 New Member Supporting Member

Polo
    I will agree with you guys that this dudes mind was very messed up.. Since we are sort of discussing details I belive the particular male was a student of medical school. I have heard he was hired by al-queda but that theory was kinda tossed to the back burner since he didn't kill himself. I also heard he was trying to kill his ex. Who knows.. But seriously.. 14-15 deaths 50+ wounded.. Wow, sad! The (insert words here) guy should not be killed quick with lethal injection if you ask me.

13. CajunAirsoft

CajunAirsoft New Member

Injection no that is much too quick . This sick twisted (insert all words here) person needs to suffer.

14. Hydra572

Hydra572 New Member

Superior
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQXWJbmNPAY&feature=colike[/ame]

My opinions on this. Sickening.

15. CajunAirsoft

CajunAirsoft New Member

Nice video hydra it gave some great points and my prayers go out to the folks in your area.

16. 0DDBALL

0DDBALL New Member

We make him suffer? How does that make us any different from him?

17. rysoft

rysoft New Member

I was in that theater I live in Colorado

18. 0DDBALL

0DDBALL New Member

Sorry if I seem rude here, but would (if you're not just trying to get attention) tell us what happened.

19. KingCobra

KingCobra New Member

moyock
    he just needs to go to jail for life. every prisoner will make him there biotch for the rest of his life and he will have the crap beat of him daily in prison.

due to this guy i decided to begin open carrying.

20. rysoft

rysoft New Member

Well one it's all over news what happened achy with all this this bullet proof vest and everything came in one of those exit doors in front who knows how he got in and he sat down in front row for like 10 min and then stood up and chucked stuff in the crowd but everybody thought they where part of entertainment of the batman movie until the huge like tear gas we can say went off and it sounded like a firework went off and and gun shots where fired he had 2 glocks 1 shotgun and a semi assault riffao his name is James Holmes and ya do you want to know any more ????

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.