Shopping for a new gun?

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by matthewzguitarz, Nov 10, 2012.

1. matthewzguitarz

matthewzguitarz New Member

anza
    Need support gun under $400

I am looking for a good support gun, and would like help finding one. Can you recommend something for field/milsim? I have a budget of $350, my max is $400, this price would also include BBs and any extra stuff.

Price Range: $300-400

Type of Gun You Want: Electric or gas

Preferred Gun Models: M249

What Role/Type of Play You Will Be Doing/Playing: Support gunner, mostly field/milsim

Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  2. masterpro72

masterpro72 New Member

A&K M60 or M249. Maybe a M14 EBR from somewhere.

3. Devgru98

Devgru98 New Member Supporting Member

Polo
    Why an EBR?... I'd get an A&K M249.. Just beware it's quite heavy to carry if your smaller.

4. masterpro72

masterpro72 New Member

EBRs are freaking intimidating to look at. But yes, I would rather recommend the M60/M249

5. matthewzguitarz

anza
    Thinking about the A&K M249, what BB weight would you recommend?

6. Devgru98

Devgru98 New Member Supporting Member

Polo
    Some of your suggestions aren't great.. FYI.. I wouldn't get an EBR unless I was a DM and I'd get .25's for the M249

7. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    Unless you're a lefty, I'd recommend the M249 (of the guns talked about so far).
    If you're ACTUALLY gonna support a squad, I'd go with .2g BBs because you're not typically focused on accuracy, but more or less keeping heads down.
    I wouldn't even upgrade the barrel (or anything for accuracy), just more or less modify the gearbox to take a strain of sustained fire.

8. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

I believe the A&K m249 has some problems with the trigger switch or something. I might be wrong, but that is what I've heard.

9. airsoftplayer14

airsoftplayer14 New Member

Yes, your right about the trigger problem. But what I do know is that the mosfet it has in it to adjust the rof is pretty nice. I have been shoot with it before it hurts bad. I still have the scar from it. Any way when the owner of the m249 disassembled the gun for me, it looked like the gear box and body was pot metal, correct me if I'm wrong. The owner said it has feeding problems, like it would miss feed a lot. MO I personally wouldn't get others may think differently but I wouldn't buy it.

10. matthewzguitarz

anza
    I don't really have a squad to support yet so yeah... What is a trigger switch? and starting to wonder if I should just go with my original plan of buying a sniper rifle...

11. airsoftplayer14

There are reports of the gun when you let go of the trigger it will continue to shoot unless you take out the battery.

12. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

Yeah. DO NOT BUY A SNIPER RIFLE. I cannot drill this into peoples heads far enough. Unless your ready to spend over $350 on upgrades, don't buy a sniper rifle.

13. schlabie

schlabie New Member

You might need a electric screwdriver. Good advice.

14. matthewzguitarz

anza
    So is the A&K M249 PARA any good? Or should I look at something else?

15. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

Eh, I've heard they're extremely front heavy. Go with the full stock version, which should also have more battery space.

16. airsoftplayer14

I agree because the the one without the full stock, the battery goes were the 5000 round box mag goes and there is a switch that can be turned off by the battery sliding turning the switch off and I seen it happen many times before, that switch is what turns on the electric mag and if that is off your gun wont feed.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
  17. JangoHarrison

JangoHarrison New Member

Myrtle
    Get a decent lipo ready m4, an 11.1 lipo, an m4 style box mag, and about 10,000 .2s and you're ready to go.

18. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

And look stupid as you do it. :p No gun is truly lipo ready stock anyways.

19. glenlovesm4

glenlovesm4 New Member

Knoxville
    If you want to look like a total noob than go ahead. If you want to be a support gunner get a support weapon.

20. JangoHarrison

JangoHarrison New Member

Myrtle
    Well if you don't have he cash to get a support gun. And of corse you would need to upgrade the internals to make an m4 totally lipo ready.