Short stroking help!!!

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Coleman Kinzer, Dec 31, 2017.

1. Coleman Kinzer

Coleman Kinzer Member

Sedgwick
    I was working on an AEG yesterday and short stroked my gun because it was shooting too and accidentally removed 2 teeth on the release side of the sector gear. People have said that doing it from the release side is bad for it and I want to know if that is true or not if it's just 2 teeth.

2. Hangtight

Hangtight Well-Known Member

Removing teeth on the release side will mess up the feeding /piston release timing. Two teeth you might just get away with.

3. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I have done this plenty times without issues. As long as the nozzle is fully forward before the piston is released you won't have any issues. Re-assemble everything and chrono the gun and you'll quickly see if it works properly.

4. Coleman Kinzer

Coleman Kinzer Member

Sedgwick
    Thank you, I about had a heart attack. Luckily though it was a shs so it wouldn't be an arm and leg to replace it. I assembled it a while ago and it was shooting about 350 fps from what my eyes can see so I think I'm good

5. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

You can actually remove as much as 3 teeth on the release of the sector gear if you have a strong tappet plate spring. The margin is even bigger if the cylinder is ported.