Shortening Barrel/Upgrading KJW M9

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Blades, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Blades

Blades New Member

I need some advice about shortening barrels. I've seen it done, but even if it is professionally done, is it still frowned upon? I need a tightbore barrel for my KJW M9 (107mm barrel length) and preferably around 6.01-6.02mm. I was wondering if it was a good or bad idea to buy a 112mm 6.01 tightbore and shorten it to around 107 so it doesn't stick out the end of the M9. I need advice if this is a horrible idea and I should stop considering this right away. Also, I realize KJW is not the best airsoft company out there, but they are TM compatible, so if something goes wrong with this specific M9, I plan on buying a TM M9 and dropping the upgrade parts into that (specifically just accuracy-related upgrades). As far as GBB pistol accuracy upgrades go, will replacing the bucking help a whole lot or not much? My ultimate goal is to get my M9 to the point where I have no problem using it during field play, because previously I've only used it in CQB and therefore didn't need the range or accuracy. Any better ideas will be much appreciated. Thanks guys.

2. sniper-assaulter

sniper-assaulter New Member

You don't have to shorten the barrel if you just get a mock suppressor to cover it. That's what I'd do. Evike sells a kit for M9s that includes a new TBB and mock suppressor.

3. Blades

Blades New Member

I'm trying to stay away from buying a supressor because I need the gun to fit into my blackhawk SERPA, any other suggestions?

4. sniper-assaulter

sniper-assaulter New Member

Well, I'm guessing you can't find the correct barrel length right now so try looking around and if nothing comes up try to find someone who can cut custom barrels.