Should I contact seller about refund again or just try and sell my gun?

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by Mike223, Nov 29, 2021.

1. Mike223

Mike223 Member

Stacy
    I dont mean to spam about my g&g prk9 but I dont know what I should do with it yet.

I have already contacted the seller about getting a refund. He said he would ask me to pay for some or all of the return shipping and the cost of the package insurance he payed for when he sent it. (With very little/ poor padding, and it was his choice to insure the package. Idk if it got damaged during shipping or what but when I got it there were a couple issues i didnt know about). I just told him forget it and ill keep it as I would lose a bit of money. I could either ask him again but say Im not paying anything and I just want my money back. I eblieve I read somewhere ebay will cover up to $30 in return shipping? Or I coul just go right to paypal and issue a claim or dispute if he wants me to pay him more. Otherwise option 3 is sell it to someone who wants to deal with it and get some money back.

I just dont want to keep this gun since its not what I initially had in mind when purchasing it. Its probably not a big deal to most since all id maybe have to do is change the mosfet and the charging handle rod but I dont wanna get screwed into buying a gun with issues I didnt know about until I got it. Or if I do resell it I will be completely honest when it comes to my knowledge of the gun.

rue_exe likes this.
  2. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    That AEG is not wholly supported. In fact, not much in this industry is wholly supported.

I wish people would stop saying, "you can easily just buy the part to fix it"...truth is you can't and American Consumerism Does Not Apply.

The ultimate choice is yours. eBay favors the buyer by a variable of 70:30. I have listings that say No Returns. But, a buyer can always get it "returned" by selecting the option: Not as Described. And the seller has absolutely no recourse what so ever and is on the hook for the return costs too. I know...so many "inexperienced" buying stuff that could never work with what they are buying it for...and sadly...this is not new. I know former HK Airsoft suppliers back in 2002 and their number one grip was, Airsofters outside of Asia is "soooo..."inexperienced"".

3. Mike223

Mike223 Member

Stacy
    I don't think ill fix it as I don't feel like dealing with it at the moment and putting more money into it, as well as me lacking experience with taking aegs apart. This was a dumb buy on my part I suppose lol.

Would me getting it for $160 for it be a deal considering all the issues I described? Also I got an extra mag but no battery. If I did resell it I don't wanna be on the hook and be put in the same situation the guy I bought it from is now, but I would be completely honest as far as my knowledge goes when it comes to the gun. But idk if id have any takers for the gun or not and if it would even be worth my time vs just returning it and getting my money back.

Also I meant paypal, idk why I said ebay, but im sure the favor is still in the hands of the buyer when it comes to returns.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
  4. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    If you can...get your full money back by returning it.

5. Mike223

Mike223 Member

Stacy
    I think that might be the best idea since I'm clearly not ready for any more difficulties at the moment lol and I made a few possibly bad purchases without thinking or asking much, and I was planning on shrinking down what I have anyways. The only problem is id have to fight him about me not paying anything or I can just go through paypal. I believe a claim has to be sent in within 20days (I bought it on the 18th) so I might just skip trying again and just send in a claim however that works. And if I need to escalate it to a dispute I will. Which is apparently up to like 180 days.

Plus like you said it might hard to find parts as its uncommon gun so I don't wanna deal with that either but im returning it as I didnt expect the gun to come in the shape it came in.

Edit: other way around I think I file a dispute, we have 20 days to solve it, if not it gets escalated to a claim and PayPal gets involved. Idk if I can just skip the dispute period or even if I should. Probably not since I guess its kina unfair to the seller.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
  6. Mike223

Mike223 Member

Stacy
    In the PayPal resolution center should I select I receive a damaged item or a defective item? Or should I file a dispute, or is this the dispute feature I am looking for? I could probably select either as the mosfet may be defective as well as the battery latch. But the charging handle seems a tad bent and the mosfet may be damaged but I havent inspected it and taken it apart and wouldn't know how to tell anyways probably.

7. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    You pick the option that most accurately describes your situation.

8. Mike223

Mike223 Member

Stacy
    Ok, Thank you again for your assistance. I appreciate it. I filed a claim and I’ll see what happens.

9. modularvideo

modularvideo Active Member

Los Angeles
    In general, eBay strongly favors buyers. When you file a dispute (they typically accept your claim at face-value), they give the seller a few days to issue you a pre-paid shipping label. If they fail to do it within I think 10 days, eBay will pay you for the price of the item, plus shipping.