Should I convert my g36 to take m4 mags?

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by Killshot_Ben, Aug 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Killshot_Ben

Killshot_Ben Member

I have a SRC G36kv which was purchased from evike. I like the magazine release tab, but I don't like hi caps, or pricey g36 mags. I can purchase 10 140 rds m4 mid caps and a magwell for my g36 for $76. I can get 5 130 rds g36 mid caps for $60. My gun is a DMR so I don't need a ton of mags.

I guess my real question is "Is there a magwell conversion that allows me to continue to use the release tab, and if not, what are the pros and cons of changing to m4 mags, and if you were me, what would you do?"

Also, what price would you recommend I sell my g36 hi-caps and surplus m4 mid caps at if a choose to buy them?

Thanks for all of your answers!!!
    58 minutes ago - 4 days left to answer.

2. Ze_Glocksman

Ze_Glocksman New Member

Kerrville
    Well sadly I don't think they make a m4 conversion magwell with the g36 mag release. If you already have m4 midcaps I say you get the magwell conversion. I mean it's only $10- and you can switch back to g36 mags of you want.

3. Killshot_Ben

Killshot_Ben Member

@Ze_Glocksman

I don't have any m4 mags. I know the m4 mags would be a 2x more economical choice, and would be better mags, but I am very good with changing mags. I can do it in about 2 secs with the tab. I don't like the mag release, but the m4 magazines are much better in my opinion.

Thanks for the answer!

4. Knief

Knief Moderator Moderator

Ann Arbor
    Please don't make multiple threads on the same subject, and don't post personal questions in the Forum Support and Announcement section. This is for issues with the board, not questions about your guns and gear.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.