Should I do this deal with my friend?

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by RyantheChimp, Sep 5, 2012.

1. RyantheChimp

RyantheChimp New Member

Twin Cities
    So me and my friend own the VFC 416 CQB... me owning the new version and him owning the old version. So as you know my hop up on my gun isn't working very good and mags seem to not be feeding even though they should be. My friend no longer wants his 416 and says I can buy it for $400, it has a tightbore, King arms metal hop up, new piston, and I think some other parts. To afford his gun I would need to sell my gun.

Pros:

Mags I have will feed

Crane stock version looks good

grip looks nice

Hop up will work good

Cons:

Might not be able to get $400 out of mine so I would be out money

hassle of having to sell

his gun has broken twice... might break again although he says if it breaks 2 game days after I buy he will pay for repairs but I pay for shipping and I can use it a day before I commit to buy

I have a sling and it has no sling mounts, no big deal but still a con

What would you guys do?

2. AFPJ

AFPJ New Member

Long Beach
    If I were you, I would sell your current 416, then sell other stuff you dont use anymore to come up with the rest of the money.

3. Scarred

Scarred New Member

I'd keep the 416, get a new Hop-up and find some working high caps. I use Classic Army in my 416.

4. JakeBworth

JakeBworth New Member

Hoboville
    His gun is not worth $400. Don't pay that. I bought my upgraded VFC 416 for $280. Offer him $300 if you decide to go this route.

5. RyantheChimp

RyantheChimp New Member

Twin Cities
    You must have got a lucky deal.... 416 is $450 by itself

6. GreenListerine

GreenListerine New Member

The value of a gun drops a lot once it's used.. Sold my Tokyo marui Thompson for $80. For $400 you arent getting a good deal

7. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    It's actually 400 new with coupon codes from airsoftgi.

8. Munishin

Munishin Well-Known Member

Goodyear
    No it's not odd. Just a few months ago someone was selling one here in AZ like new condition for $250.

9. RyantheChimp

RyantheChimp New Member

Twin Cities
    Good points made by everyone... So how much should be the highest I should pay?

10. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    You shouldn't buy his. All yours needs are a couple of new parts. Your hopup seems to be causing you issues so buy a new one, plus that might slightly help your feeding problem.

Without a mag in your gun, flip it over so you can see the hopup. You should also see your nozzle. When you fire does it cycle right? The nozzle should be moving back and forth every shot.

11. RyantheChimp

RyantheChimp New Member

Twin Cities
    I'll check but why won't mags fit in my gun when they fit in my friends. I doubt the new version has a tighter magwell

12. Whiplashairsoft1

Whiplashairsoft1 New Member

42 Wallaby Way
    I would never pay a penny over $300 for a used gun that has broken twice. I'd value it around 275 or less.

If he were to sell it online, he'd have a little trouble getting 300 for it. It'd happen, but it'd take a while. $275 is about 2/3 of the original price, which is what a lot of people will pay for a used gun.

13. 703

703 Active Member

webster
    If you really want his sell yours and buy his. However at 400.00 it's a rip-off. You shouldn't pay over 300 TOPS. Being his friend I would offer him 250.00

You could always get a new hop up for your gun. This might fix the mag problem. If your mags are to loose try putting the soft side of velcro in your magwell. I did this with both my guns and it helps. Some guns are just picky on mags. I have a ICS like this...

14. Whiplashairsoft1

42 Wallaby Way
    BTW, OP, with the mag problem, stick the magazine as far in as you can. Then jiggle the mag forward and backward (NOT side to side) while pushing up. This has helped me quite a few times when I thought I had a bad hop when, in actuality, it was just a difference in mags.

So, if the gun is pointing North and is level, stick the mag up into the well and jiggle North to South while pushing up.

15. mikenike

mikenike New Member

C'mon man, you should know better than to pay retail for an older and used gun.

Not even considering it has broke 2 times.

16. RyantheChimp

RyantheChimp New Member

Twin Cities
    He has lowered it to $360, thoughts?

17. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    UH yeah like everyone else said it's hardy worth 300 let alone 360.

18. RyantheChimp

RyantheChimp New Member

Twin Cities
    How is it not? It's the gun, tightbore, new internals, and metal hop ip

19. Whiplashairsoft1

42 Wallaby Way
    "New internals, metal hopup, and tightbore" tell us nothing. The new internals can be crap or badly installed. Many bad, cheap guns come with metal hopups. And just because it says “tightbore” doesn’t mean anything. The quality of the barrel is what counts. Look at a bunch of guns on a handful of websites. Lots of them are going to say that they come with a “tightbore” barrel, when in fact, they’ll get far worse range with a “tightbore” than a stock Tokyo Marui would.

You sound a little defensive of your friend’s offers, so if you think it’s fair, buy it. Still, honestly, it really sounds like he’s cheating you or has no idea what his gun's worth. (Many airsofters are like that -_-)

Last edited: Sep 6, 2012
  20. RyantheChimp

RyantheChimp New Member

Twin Cities
    This must be a bad site to sell on