should i get this sniper

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by airsoftsniper1161, Sep 9, 2012.

1. airsoftsniper1161

airsoftsniper1161 New Member

i have been airsofting 3 times and i absolutly love it. so im ready to buy a gun.i like to snipe so i want the utg accushot compititon shadow ops sniper rifle.is this a effective gun on the field and has good range and accuacy? i am still new to airsoft so this would help a bunch:)

2. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    Spring sniper rifles will be a big dissapointment for a new player like yourself. If however you still choose to get it be prepared to put up another $300+ in upgrades depending what you want from it.

3. zreakz

zreakz New Member

If you really want it, then get it. But as stated above you will need to seriously upgrade it for the gun to be effective. Now the stock gun I wouldn't know anything, not much of a sniper myself.

4. airsoftsniper1161

airsoftsniper1161 New Member

well i know sometimes it can be slow but i think its really cool.i like that role

5. BlueReaper46

BlueReaper46 New Member

i think he means itll be disappointing because of what you have to put into it, time and money. this isnt CoD where the bullet goes where you aim every time, and your range will be limited. But if you put the time in, and pay the money for upgrades it can really be worth it. If you want the gun, however, then yes you should get it.

6. averageairsofter

averageairsofter New Member

Menifee
    Get a JG M16 instead, if you're into the long range sniping thing, it will have basically the same accuracy and range as the sniper rifle you want to get but you have the semi and full auto instead of pulling back the bolt every time you shoot. Plus you get 300 rounds per magazine instead of like 20. Trust me I've seen many new people get sniper rifles and they've absolutely hated them. The only way to get a sniper rifle to compete with a decent aeg is to sink 300+ dollars into it.

7. ShooterMcgavin

ShooterMcgavin New Member

New Port News
    Or get a Cyma M14 pew pew pew

8. rich635

rich635 New Member

Los Angeles
    Actually the CYMA M14 is not a bad choice. Heard it was hard to upgrade but has nice range and performance.

9. averageairsofter

averageairsofter New Member

Menifee
    Yea, the cyma M14 performs about on par with the JG M16 it just depends on your preference.

10. imhotep

imhotep New Member

Keep in mind that cyma guns are a bit lower quality/ they are hard to upgrade, lower quality parts

11. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    ...Well you get what you paid for so yeah the less you pay in general the less you will get out of what you bought, hard to upgrade? I'm not so sure I don't think a cyma m4 would be any harder to upgrade than a JG m4. (I know we are talking about the m14 I'm just using an example)

12. imhotep

imhotep New Member

In my experience with cyma guns they are not very comparable with most upgrades, avg as barrels, pistons ect

13. richman992

richman992 New Member

Rochester
    CYMA m14's (and just about all CYMAs) are just as upgradable as a TM, or Echo 1, or G&G. It is TM compatible.

M14's are easy to work on in my opinion. Someone else mentioned it here before, the v7 gearbox is easier to work on because the trigger assembly is seperate from the gearbox. I would definitely agree with this, as someone who has worke on both v3 and v7 gearboxes. However the m14 external disassembly is somewhat complicated (lots of steps).

OP: I'd agree with most of these folks. Get a CYMA m14. And then if it isn't scratching your sniper itch, do a DMR build with it and restrict it to semi-automatic only.

14. Ranger

Ranger New Member

Onsted
    The Cyma M14 is actually a very nice rifle. The v7 gearbox is more "scary looking" than anything. I felt overwhelmed when I got my first m14 WAY back in the day. After I actually sat down and tinkered with it, I wasnt as worried,lol.. Just didnt like taking all the stuff off the gearbox before opening it. My Utg M14 was nice but my Cyma M14 was much much better! I agree with the others, this will be a great middle ground..