should i upgrade to a g&p woc...or kwa lm4?

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by Jakerz872, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Jakerz872

Jakerz872 New Member

East Greenbush
    Hey. I currently have a king arms gbb m4, and is it worth it to spend the money upgrading it, or should I switch rifles? I mainly got the king arms for the trades, and I want to know if all g&p internal parts are compatible. Also, can somebody give me a definitive answer on if the king arms uses aeg or gbb inner barrels? Would g&p outer barrels work with it? Thanks!

2. adas1223

adas1223 Well-Known Member

stratford
    king arms uses AEG barrels and hopup. thats a good thing.

Internals are WA spec (G&P too) so any upgrades will work**

** the Magazines will need to be replaced because KA mags are only made for the KA bolt carrier. KA mags suck anyway, so thats an upgrade itself.

Switch to an element or cheap steel carrier with an aluminum nozzle, and go with prowin v2 magazines. that will run you ~$170 shipped for those parts. give or take. better than blowing away $400 on a new gun

3. xxxRJRxxx

xxxRJRxxx New Member

Altoona
    I totally agree with him. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

4. Jakerz872

Jakerz872 New Member

East Greenbush
    I've heard prowin mags are absolute travesties, including the v2's. Should I replace the hopup? And is there a steel bolt I can get with npas? Also since you know a lot about all the replacements do you know a good site in which I could find all these parts?

Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
  5. ChocolateDrop

ChocolateDrop Member

Personally, I would keep the hopup as-is and get a new tightbore if you want to be cost efficient. Though you can buy the higher quality Prime hopup for AEG barrels if you feel like you want an upgrade, that will run about $65 or so overseas if you can find them in stock. Running with WA spec hopups and tightbores will cost much more in your current situation.

I believe the only stock configuration with a steel bolt carrier and a NPAS would be the RA-Tech version, which will run about $260 new.

Your best option would be following adas1223 and getting a cheap steel bolt carrier(the Element one is a fine carrier) and if you really need a NPAS, buy RA-Tech's separate NPAS kit(~$60) and cheap aluminum nozzle.

6. Jakerz872

Jakerz872 New Member

East Greenbush
    Alright. Do you know of a us retailer that sells the element carrier, or any wa spec parts at all?

7. ChocolateDrop

ChocolateDrop Member

It will be a hard time to find many GBBR upgrades for the WA system stateside. Many overseas retailers carry a plethora of upgrades, such as WGCshop and Ehobby while AirsoftGlobal and Rhino Airsoft have smaller selections.

The hard part is finding an Element steel bolt carrier in stock. They have been sold out for quite a while in multiple stores.

8. Jakerz872

Jakerz872 New Member

East Greenbush
    Do you trust ehobby or wgcshop? I mean have you ordered from them?

9. ChocolateDrop

ChocolateDrop Member

Yep, I have ordered from them on multiple occasions. Shipping costs might get quite expensive though depending on the weight and size of the package.

10. adas1223

stratford
    I was searching for a steel carrier 4 months ago, and I did see an SHS steel carrier for $70 shipped from wgcshop?? im not sure anymore. do some research, but if anyone has them re-stocked, it would be wgcshop. i trust them, ordered from them 3 times.

RA-tech makes a completely built steel carrier with nozzle.

Prowin V2 are the most reliable Green gas magazines out. I can tear one completely apart within 2 minutes. Very serviceable, but i dont expect a leak ever. they're that well engineered. i have 3 :p

11. Jakerz872

Jakerz872 New Member

East Greenbush
    I did find a complete ra tech bolt for 260. Looks like it has everything, including the aluminum loading nozzle. Good buy? http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main...AT-WA-BOLT-015&search_From=category&view=info

12. adas1223

stratford
    I didn't realize it was that much 0.o ..my complete ra-tech was $150 IIRC

you can build an element/5ku frankenstein carrier for around $150 too.

i can't call that a good deal

13. Jakerz872

Jakerz872 New Member

East Greenbush
    Yeah but I think they're out of tthe element. How good is the 5ku nozzle? Do you think they'd fit? Honestly if its gonna take modification ill probably just go for the complete carrier. One more question, my bolt stop doesn't catch my bolt properly. Either the catch or the carrier has ground down and causes the bolt to miss the catch. Do you think this will be fixed by the new bolt or will the catch need to be changed? I believe it is the catch's fault though because upon closer inspection it seems that the catch sits too high to be tripped by the magazine.

Edit: they only have the aluminum element carrier, and they do have an ra tech, carrier only for 130 and 140.

14. adas1223

stratford
    5ku does need sanding to make it adjust smoother with the tool.

Your bolt isnt locking is because the KA magazine's catch lever is poorly designed, and weak follower spring. it also could be a worn bolt catch, or carrier edge. i'd have to look at it

15. Jakerz872

Jakerz872 New Member

East Greenbush
    Yeah so replace the mag catch lever, and bolt stop?

16. adas1223

stratford
    I'd try stretching the spring first to add strength. if your catch doesnt look worn, i wouldnt replace it

17. Jakerz872

Jakerz872 New Member

East Greenbush
    Alright thanks =] would you mind if I came back to you and told you how it goes?