Should I use a LiPo?

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by SWATCQBcounterstrike, Sep 28, 2012.

1. SWATCQBcounterstrike

SWATCQBcounterstrike New Member

carmel
    So I'm getting my first LiPo ready gun, it's the Matrix arms Daniel Defense, should I get an 11.1 or should I get another one, you guys tell me.

2. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Uh, it's not lipo ready, just know that, unless you want to use 7.4 lipo....

3. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    Its 7.4 lipo ready. Almost all guns are 7.4 lipo ready. VERY FEW are 11.1 ready. Youll be good with a 7.4

4. 703

703 Active Member

webster
    Every gun is essentially "lipo ready".
    However this doesn't mean your gun is 11.1 lipo ready. Stick with a 7.4 until you re-shim / re-grease / correct AOE / better wiring / mosfet.

Also if the gun doesn't have dean connectors I suggest switching it to deans.

5. SWATCQBcounterstrike

carmel
    Thank you guys almost ****ed up than.

6. SWATCQBcounterstrike

carmel
    Wait it was tested with an 11.1v 1350 mah LiPo.

7. 703

703 Active Member

webster
    It will work with the 11.1. The question is, How long before something breaks ?

Do you want reliability or super high ROF for who knows how long...

8. SWATCQBcounterstrike

carmel
    Looks like 9-13 hours depending on the temp. So =)

9. SWATCQBcounterstrike

carmel
    Sorry bat. Life not till something breaks.

10. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    stick with 7.4v and replace the tamiyas with either deans or xt60 connectors. if you don't want to bother with correcting AOE, use a steel rack piston. if the purpose is to increase your rps, then you need to fine tune your gearbox so it can handle the increased speed. depending on your fps, there are a number of high speed builds. for cqb, DSG is more than reliable. for outdoors, speed ratio gears and your choice of torque or speed motor. i prefer speed motors for high discharge 11.1v (the slower start up is less stressful on the gearbox). since it's mostly full auto, trigger response is not a factor.

i normally do high speed mag dumps and build AEG's for abuse.

11. L5132

L5132 New Member

Duluth
    I really have to say that it is perfectly possible to run a powerful 11.1v without a MOSFET, using the typical trigger block and good tuning. Sure, the MOSFET is preferable, but I am fine without one until I grab myself a 4S LiPo, just for SnG. Admittedly before I messed with my contacts a bit I melted them around 3 times... But you can do it.

12. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    L85 contacts using 7.4v 25c 2200mAH without a mosfet. this isn't typical damage with a 7.4v but i was surprised to see this when repairing a trigger issue.

[​IMG]

13. 703

703 Active Member

webster
    I agree. I've been running my ICS on a 11.1 without a mosfet for 2 years now without an issue. Who knows how long the previous owner ran it on the 11.1 as well...

However

This is what the contacts on my G&P looked like after owning it for a few months with a 7.4 15c lipo :( (I bought gun used so...)
    It's still in pieces because I can't get it back together.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2012