Should you hold your breath

Discussion in 'Tactics & Strategies' started by Ghost-1, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Ghost-1

Ghost-1 New Member

Gould you hold your breath when you snipe?

2. Sparky_D

Sparky_D Moderator Staff Member

Pierce County
    No.

Holding your breath causes your muscles to twitch.

Breath deeply and press the trigger on the exhale.

Basic marksmanship skills...

3. Nelson

Nelson Review Guru Supporting Member

Spokane
    No. That's something made up by call of duty. I actually think that you're the most unstable when you hold your breath. You want to have a nice, slow, exhaling shot. You want to pull the trigger right at the end of the exhale for the most stability and cleanest shot.

Edit: Sn1ped

4. Ghost-1

Ghost-1 New Member

Thanks for the advice Got anything else for sniping?

5. Lil_Shady

Lil_Shady Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

The whole time? No, cuz that's how you pass out. And then you're no good to anybody except the other team.

Just kidding. Same answer as the others. one thing confuses me though. You PM me to apologize for starting pointless topics, say it won't happen again, then go and make 2 more. Seems like you're confused to. So I've taken the liberty of banning you for a while till you figure it out.

6. Jupiter

Jupiter New Member

you shouldn't hold your breath but use the natural pause when you exhale or inhale to shoot.
    Because if you hold your breath you can't fully focus on the shot.. Read this if you want to fully understand it
    http://ltdura.ho8.com/6. Breathing.pdf

7. Ghost-1

Ghost-1 New Member

Thanks for your help

8. tasgal

tasgal New Member

Richmond
    If you would like a head rush, then hold your breath. Seriously as everyone has said, squeeze trigger at the end of your breath. However to be honest in airsoft it will not make that much of a differance, but if you shoot real guns then it is a great way to get some practise in.

9. backyardsn1per

backyardsn1per New Member

Fennimore
    Make absolute certain that use squeeze the trigger. Let the gun surprise you. Also load a random amount of shots into your mag then practice that. If you catch yourself flinch on a dry shot you need to work on your trigger squeeze.

10. Robin-Hood

Robin-Hood New Member

Inverness
    There's no real point in airsoft, ranges are far too short. I doubt any of us are going to be taking 500 yard shots with our pew pew gunz

11. Scout_Master

Scout_Master New Member

Gastonia
    What do your shot groups look like when you zero your weapon?

Short answer: "holding" your breath is a bad idea, shooting during natural pauses in breaking is good.

Would you like to know more about shooting mechanics?

12. Jupiter

Jupiter New Member

Your welcome hope that helps explain

13. Axis

Axis New Member Supporting Member

I doubt it even matters in airsoft, but in real steel snipers shoot between heartbeats, they don't hold their breath.

14. tasgal

tasgal New Member

Richmond
    Depending on "the school" some snipers will pause briefly as they breath and then take the shot, so kinda hold their breath. As posted earlier in airsoft it really won't matter.

15. tacticalairsoft

tacticalairsoft New Member

I think holding your breath when sniping is very helpful' I find it easier to get accurate shots off at my enemy's