Shoulder holster

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by S1lentkiller910, Aug 17, 2012.

1. S1lentkiller910

S1lentkiller910 New Member

Hello people I have came across a predicament. I've been looking for a holster lately and I'm not sure what brands I should be looking for. I'm looking for a holster that is close to the body like a shoulder holster or even a tight fitting belt holster. I have a Blackhawk! Belt holster I got from my dad (ex-military) that fits my gun pretty nicely (it's a sig sauer GSR) but I'm still bein pulled towards shoulder holsters. Any suggestions?

2. xc0n

xc0n New Member

Well it depends on your deployment. What I mean is your style of play and other gear you will be wearing. If you wan tot have a full tactical vest then a shoulder holster can/will get in the way or the vest will get in the way of the holster.

Personally I like hip or drop leg holsters. The reason being I don't have to reach across my body to grab the pistol and come back across to aim. Hip and drop legs allow for a quick pull up to get on target.

3. Sparky_D

Sparky_D Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Pierce County
    Shoulder holsters are more for concealment or for drawing while in a seated position.
    For airsoft purposes, look at the Uncle Mike nylon products. They are relatively inexpensive and quite functional for non-concealment specific purposes.

I personally prefer Galco shoulder holsters, but I use mine more for RS than airsoft.

The drop leg holster is also a good choice for close to body carry, but make sure you get one with two thigh straps. Even the wide single strap models can twist and shift on your leg, especially when crawling.

4. S1lentkiller910

S1lentkiller910 New Member

I've tried a drop leg and it's flaps around too much when I run around. I'm looking for something close to the torso so it doesn't bounce around so much. And most likely I won't have a chest rig and stick with belt rigs or something of the sort

5. Knief

Knief Moderator Moderator

Ann Arbor
    I'd urge you to give drop legs another try, but this time go with Kydex. Most nylon drop legs, even the nice ones, flop around way too much. They're just not rigid enough to stick in place. If you go with a Kydex drop leg like a SERPA or Safariland, it's completely different. You pull the straps tight and the hard frame snugs right into your thigh and stays. I'll wear my SERPA or Safariland holster all day and forget it's even there. It doesn't shake or wobble at all no matter what I'm doing.

6. Grudge

Grudge New Member

Winnipeg
    I'd love to run a drop leg, just can't find one with straps long enough! If you like the idea of having the holster off your hip or leg, you could try a cross draw on a vest! I've seem lots of guys use them!

7. Knief

Knief Moderator Moderator

Ann Arbor