SHS high speed motor not turning?

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Casanova, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Casanova

Casanova New Member

Buffalo
    Okay so I'm running an APS M4 EBB, and i purchased an SHS high speed motor to put into it, and the motor will not turn in the gun, it turns outside, turns well while it's screwed in, but as soon as i tighten the motor height screw and it engages, it stops. I would normally assume that it's just a weak motor, but now it seems my stock motor is having difficulty as well, it doesn't seem to be my battery but i won't rule anything out yet, Can anyone give me a sort of checklist of things to check to diagnose the problem? I've been googling my 4$$ off and i can't really seem to find anything that says anything other than it could be a weak battery or motor, i did have to replace my spade connectors on the motor, but according to my test light they're still carrying a current. Thanks in advance, Will

2. Njnewland

Njnewland New Member Lifetime Supporter

Cherryville
    What battery are you using?

3. Casanova

Casanova New Member

Buffalo
    9.6V Tenergy 1600 MAH i believe

4. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    What spring is in your gun. Sometimes if its to powerful a speed motor won't have enough torque. Although I think SHS motors (even the high speed ones) have good torque, so maybe your problem is in the shimming. It could be to tight. And tight shimming with a bad battery could be your problem.

Do you have any other guns to test your battery in? If so, do they cycle?
    If not, do you only have the one battery? Can you borrow a friend's gun/battery to test things?

5. Mystery43_4

Mystery43_4 New Member

Santa Barbara
    Correct correct and correct.

But SHS HS motors are extremely power hungry, so I think that that small of a battery is most likely the issue.

Get back with the spring rate, and we'll go from there.

6. Casanova

Casanova New Member

Buffalo
    I've never had the gearbox apart, and i don't know what type of spring is in it, But the battery does cycle a different weapon i have and it gives it just as high a ROF as it always did...

7. Njnewland

Njnewland New Member Lifetime Supporter

Cherryville
    But the SHS HS motor sucks up more power than most motors, so you might need a more powerful battery.

8. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

The battery you're using is, to be brutally honest, pathetic. It's way too underpowered for that motor, get yourself a nice li-po battery instead, one that can supply 30 amps or more.

9. bobalini

bobalini New Member

Thousand Oaks
    I had the same problem with my shs high tourque, what everyone is saying is correct, you need a real battery. While you at it get a HT motor ( way better than HS) too.