SHS upgrade kit for JG G36c

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by MasterK, Jul 31, 2012.

1. MasterK

MasterK New Member

Atlanta
  2. Uller

Uller Well-Known Member

Topeka
    Get'em if you want,but there are other manufacturers out there who can make gears without ussing fasteners to hold them together.For this reason I will always believe SHS gears to be utter garbage,and dont trust them.

3. MasterK

MasterK New Member

Atlanta
    Well, now that you say it like that.... :) Square one. Just thought it would be cool to have it all in one shot.

Off to research. Thanks for enlightening me.

4. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I've never had an SHS sector gear split on me, SHS gears are actually very strong gears. They have had issues with their quality control lately though, but just make sure all the gears in the set are balanced, and you'll have a gear set that will last you many years if you install them properly. The first set of SHS gears I bought was a 1st generation set, and it's an excellent set of gears, i'm expecting it to last several years, you won't really find better gears in that price range. SHS gears are made of very strong steel actually, I have never broken an SHS gear. Other alternatives in that price range are Lonex, JG and XYT gears.

I don't quite see the problem with using screws to hold the gear halves together? On your car there are screws holding the wheels on, and that seems to work well for most cars?

5. Adman234

Adman234 Active Member

Wildwood
    The problem is with the supershooter gears, where 3 bolts are used. In normal shs gears, the sector gear has the tappet cam going all the way through, and the center axle, making the other bolt a bit redundant. So normal shs are fine.

As long as you get gen1 shs, they will work fine.

6. MasterK

MasterK New Member

Atlanta
    Wish there was a way I could know what they'll send. Seems like a great deal if they send the right ones. Thanks guys.

7. GreenListerine

GreenListerine New Member

I bought that kit once. Came with version 2 spring guide

8. MasterK

MasterK New Member

Atlanta
    Other than that how was it?

9. GreenListerine

GreenListerine New Member

Worked great for me. I mean it's what like $35? Can't really complain

10. MasterK

MasterK New Member

Atlanta
    Kinda what I thought. Thanks.

11. Uller

Uller Well-Known Member

Topeka
    They are in the GB making them subject to vibration.Fasteners can vibrate loose.In larger machinery,larger fasteners are used.The larger the fastener the more torque can be applied to prevent,and stop the fastener from working loose.Esspecially corse threaded shallow pitch fasteners.The fasteners on these gears are small and fine threaded.No where near the torque can be applied to them that could be applied to a larger one before they break.Like I said get them if you wish,I will gladly pay a little more for gears that are pressed together.

12. Adman234

Adman234 Active Member

Wildwood
    You can always stake the bolts in, which I did on my 18:1 set

13. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I've had 3 set of SHS gears so far, and have never seen the screws starting to get loose. I would think they used some thread-lock when screwing them in? I've had ridiculously bad luck with parts lately, but that's at least one thing that hasn't happened to me so far.

14. philsaudio

philsaudio New Member

Atlanta GA USA