SHS vs Madbull springs.

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by NobleNik22, Jul 21, 2016.

1. NobleNik22

NobleNik22 New Member

2. Topper

Topper Resident Donkey Supporting Member

New Orleans
    Neither. For slightly more than the SHS and less than the madbull, you can get one of the best springs, a guarder. A guarder SP120 should be similar to an M130.

3. Raven1st

Raven1st Well-Known Member

San Ramon valley
    Both of my SHS spring settled 25-30fps (w/ .20g) lower than their rating, but the shot-to-shot output is very consistent.

Honestly, get a Prometheus or Guarder spring. They will hold their advertised rating longer and settle less (loose output over time) than other springs.

Also, just thought I would point this out, M ratings are in meters per second with .20g and SP ratings are in meters per second with .25g.
    SP ratings are just about the same as an M rating one step higher (SP120 is very close to an M130).

4. TheInfidel23

TheInfidel23 Resident Derp Supporting Member

Greenville
    Which makes prommy springs incredibly confusing.

To the Op, forget about madbull springs. They coat their springs in paint that flakes off and leaves tons of debris inside the gearbox. I've heard there're great springs, but that one fatal flaw kills the endgame.

5. NobleNik22

NobleNik22 New Member

Any site that ships to CA with guarder springs around 400-450 fps because on Evike, GI, Megastore I can't seem to find it links please. Most of the guarder springs in my range is "discontinued"

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=1426 = Prometheus m135
    Right now I'm still going with the SHS because its all I got

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
  6. Raven1st

Raven1st Well-Known Member

San Ramon valley
    Look on Brillarmory or Clandestine Airsoft for Prommy springs, they are cheaper and they should have some of the lower powered ones.

7. TheInfidel23

TheInfidel23 Resident Derp Supporting Member

Greenville
    Don't have a link, but brill armory currently has most of their Guarder springs in stock.

Attached Files:

8. NobleNik22

NobleNik22 New Member

What are the difference between SP and M is M for 0.2? or is SP for 0.25 ? So if a buy a m140 i should get a sp130?

9. Topper

Topper Resident Donkey Supporting Member

New Orleans
    Yes. That will be about right.