side arm?

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by stroop66, Dec 14, 2012.

1. stroop66

stroop66 Member

Im looking for an M9. Is HFC good or the KJW M9? Whats your thoughts? My price is around 100 dollars. Do you have any other suggestions for a pistol?

Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
  2. Napple

Napple New Member

Kjw is much better tham the hfc. The lwa is very nice also.

3. Shady

Shady Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Get the KJW and fix your spelling/grammar. Then you should be set.

4. Defcon5

Defcon5 New Member

Yes. The KJW M9 line is very nice. I plan on getting the Government edition soon.

5. Polanski27

Polanski27 New Member

Kitchener
    im looking into getting a pistol as a sidearm, however because i live in Canada, and it gets cold in the winter I want one that will function properly in colder temperatures (4 degrees celcius, or 40 degrees farenheit)

6. Sohte

Sohte Member

San Jose/ Bay Area
    I have 2 HFC 190's (both are for sale) one goes full auto and the other is a hit or miss on the full auto. I use KJW M9 C02 mags with them and they run fairly well in the cold.

7. EXICUT1ONER

EXICUT1ONER New Member

Thought u wanted a glock or 1911.

8. stroop66

stroop66 Member

im more interested in an m9 right now.

9. BlackJack

BlackJack New Member

Gettysburg
    Well, since you're more interested in purchasing an M9... you're in luck because almost every brand on the market makes this model of handgun.

The KJW is ever so slightly better than the HFC. For a few bucks more you could purchase a TM/WE, or you could spend even more on the KWA version of this sidearm... but I think you're money would be better spent on a KJW or a WE. You could buy a nice holster for that piece with the money that you would save.

10. DadCRO

DadCRO Member

I got the HFC because it was only $75 on ASGI; I wish I had gotten the KJW. They look much more realistic, and probably fire better. However, the HFC isn't bad. It's just not great.

11. airsoftcustomoli

airsoftcustomoli New Member

12. airsoftcustomoli

airsoftcustomoli New Member

KJW M9's are a lot lower quality than the HFC, plus the HFC m9's have hop up were as the KJW ones don't. I have two HFC M9's, I have a HG-190 part metal part ABS which is 300 fps and I also have a HG-193 full auto m9 with a compensator full metal which was 330 fps, but it now has a mad bull barrel and is now 360-375 fps. And both are blowback. I also used to have a full metal KJW gas blowback M9 and. It broke very quickly. The HFC 193 would be the best choice for an M9 as it's full metal, has hop up and a full auto function and semi auto plus it has a compensator to reduce recoil. Hope this helps.

13. Operator88

Operator88 New Member

The KWA M1911 series is very nice. Really reliable and quiet. They go for about $159.99.

14. averageairsofter

averageairsofter New Member

Menifee
    You obviously don't know anything about this topic so please don't post. KJW will be much better than any hfc could ever hope to be and for your information customoli a compensator does nothing to reduce recoil in airsoft so please refrain from posting until you are sure you have correct information.

15. bonnax

bonnax New Member

London
    Unless you're talking about a used TM, it won't be 'a few bucks more'. Also, KJW is more reliable and better built than WE for the same price.

16. BlackJack

BlackJack New Member

Gettysburg
    Yeah, ok... TM M9s retail for about $135 and you often see them on sale for about $115, unlike KWAs which I don't see go for that low. That's why I say a few bucks more, more or less. :)

WE is just as reliable as KJW. I'm not hatin' on KJW, I like them. I'm just saying that WE is just as good.

17. Shady

Shady Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator Lifetime Supporter

No, no it's not. The reliability, accuracy, range, and powe ris not on par with the KJ.

Honestly, the KJW is the best M9 on the market right now, barring any results coming in on TMs new M9. The old model TM M9s were horrible, and KWA isn't much better. The M9 is one of the most unreliable models regardless of the brand you get, but your best bet is to go with KJW.

18. bonnax

bonnax New Member

London
    Considering the HFC is ~$90, I wouldn't say ~$45 is a couple of bucks more, but whatever.

My KJWs have held up without any problems for one and one and a half years, respectively. My friends WE broke within a month, as did the replacement he bought (same model). WE produce a lot more lemons than KJW do.

19. ComputerMan

ComputerMan New Member

What is making them unreliable?

Is it the m9 shape or just lazy engineering?

20. Sohte

Sohte Member

San Jose/ Bay Area
    The blowback housing is whats poorly engineered on the M9's I heard the new TM M9A1 fixed that problem but I am not 100% sure.

If the OP is interested I have 2 HFC190;s that both have working full auto for $45 each OBO shipped, no mag.