Sidearm and a left handed holster

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by altbus1, Sep 14, 2020.

1. altbus1

altbus1 New Member

Hello,

I´m just finding my way in the airsoft world. And I am looking for a sidearm preferably on gas and with GGB. For the pistol I would prefere kjw (price/quality) but I am also a lefty and it's difficult for me to find a holster for kjw pistols (or I'm looking over it).
    Tips are welcome, other brands that I can consider also.

Grtz

2. Handyguy

Handyguy Member

Summit
    I am a leftie and use G-code real steel holsters as they make left handed ones and obviously of good construction and materials, they also have a wide selection of pistols, and I know my elite force Glock fits perfectly as did my kjw 226 and PPQ. The price is not to expensive and the holster will last a vey long time

JHat and altbus1 like this.

3. aotsukisho

aotsukisho Well-Known Member

Majority of airsoft pistols are made near dimensionally accurate with a few exceptions. Glocks by different companies might be off-width, Marui-based full size 9mm Glocks might require .45 holsters due to the slide being too wide. Here's a list of the pistols I've used with holsters successfully:

TM Glock 19 - Safariland GLS, Trex Arms Ragnarok Glock 9/40
    WE Glock 19 - Safariland GLS, Trex Arms Ragnarok Glock 9/40, KT-Mech Glock 10/45
    KWA M1911 series - Blackhawk Serpa Colt 1911
    WE XDM 3.8 - Blackhawk Serpa XD/M, Safariland GLS
    KWA USPc/KP8 Compact - Safariland GLS

I know for sure the Safariland, Blackhawk, and Trex Arms holsters are ambidextrous. I also like the Trex Arms Ragnarok SD as a kind of universal holster, as long as your pistol has a Surefire X300 (or replica, Lucas says he molds them with replicas anyway). I run only OWB holsters, I'm assuming the IWB holsters from these companies will also work fine.

altbus1 likes this.
  4. altbus1

altbus1 New Member

I found out that the kjw kp13 is a Glock 17 replica. And I found 2 left handed glock holsters.
    Would be an option, if the kp13 is good.

aotsukisho likes this.
  5. OrangeTJ

OrangeTJ Member

Sacramento
    I can't speak for KJW pistols but I can tell you that I've been nothing but impressed by the performance of both of my TM pistols - HiCapa 5.1 and HK45 Tactical. I'm a lefty by the way. The HK45 has ambi controls and I have no issue with the HiCapa despite its "right handed" design, but that probably comes from spending quite a lot of time shooting real pistols that were built that way.

I use a Blackhawk holster for my HK45 and one of the multitude of holsters available for the HiCapa. If you're shying away from TM based on them being polymer rather than metal framed, I'd just say that they perform beautifully and I've had no issues with either through thousands of shots fired on nothing but propane.

aotsukisho likes this.
  6. aotsukisho

aotsukisho Well-Known Member

By 'frame' I think you mean 'slide'. The downside to plastic slide is the slide stop cutout wearing out quickly (even more so with up-rated recoil spring), but their light weight allows for some very snappy cycle time and low felt recoil.

7. OrangeTJ

OrangeTJ Member

Sacramento
    Yes, you are correct. I meant "slide", not frame. However, the HK45 is also polymer framed (as is the real one). Direct replacement TM plastic slides are inexepensive anyway, so replacing one every couple of years is no big deal in my opinion.

knucklehead23jp and aotsukisho like this.
  8. Airsoft_Leviathan

Airsoft_Leviathan New Member

I’ve also been wondering about the KP13, I think it comes highly recommended by many, but I prefer to listen to the gun gurus on here. I’d like the idea of a Glock kinda weapon.

9. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    Why get a KP13 when you can get a KP17?