Siege of Sarajevo (Bosnia War Theme) Sunday September 23 @ GF Outdoor Field

Discussion in 'New Jersey Airsoft Forum' started by GodfatherAirsoft, Sep 4, 2012.

1. GodfatherAirsoft

GodfatherAirsoft New Member

Scotch p
    [​IMG]

Godfather Airsoft & Tactical Presents...
    The Siege of Sarajevo
    Sunday September 23, 2012 from 10am-4pm
    $25 Entry Fee

GF Airsoft Club
    486 RT 22 WEST WHITEHOUSE STATION NJ
    (Look for the Blue Mail Box)

SCENARIO

The Siege of Sarajevo was the longest siege of a capital city in the history of modern warfare. After being initially besieged by the forces of the Yugoslav People's Army, Sarajevo, the capital of Bosnia and Herzegovina, was besieged by Bosnian Serb forces of the Republika Srpska from 5 April 1992 to 29 February 1996 during the Bosnian War.

The siege lasted three times longer than the Siege of Stalingrad and a year longer than the Siege of Leningrad. After Bosnia and Herzegovina had declared independence from Yugoslavia, the Serbs—whose strategic goal was to create a new Bosnian Serb State of Republika Srpska (RS) that would include parts of Bosnian territory—encircled Sarajevo with a siege force of 18,000 soldiers stationed in the surrounding hills. From there they assaulted the city with weapons that included artillery, mortars, tanks, anti-aircraft guns, heavy machine-guns, multiple rocket launchers, rocket-launched aircraft bombs and sniper rifles.

The Serbs completely blockaded the city. The Bosnian government defence forces inside the besieged city were poorly equipped and unable to break the siege. The biggest single loss of life was the first Markale marketplace massacre on 5 February 1994, in which 68 civilians were killed and 200 were wounded. Medical facilities were overwhelmed by the scale of the civilian casualties. The day after the first Markale marketplace massacre, the UN Secretary-General formally requested NATO to confirm that air strikes would be carried out immediately...

For Uniform Requirements, Maps, and Directions, visit the outdoor field site at http://gfairsoftclub.com
    For all things airsoft, log on to http://www.godfatherairsoft.com

2. SonicDeathMonkey

SonicDeathMonkey New Member

Woodbury Heights
    Too bad it's on a Sunday, I won't be able to make it. I was deployed to Bosnia, this might have been pretty interesting.

3. Rainbow

Rainbow New Member

There will only be three activates? Are they long? But this sounds pretty cool and I'll see if I can get my friends and such to come.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
  4. bob19922

bob19922 New Member

Old bridge
    Might see you there my team will be there were just starting so we have a little room for improvement.

5. Rainbow

Rainbow New Member

Love to meet you. But I gotta fix my gun first lol. Me and a few of my friends are gone be there. I'm the fat guy in multicam without a vest :)

6. bob19922

bob19922 New Member

Old bridge
    I'm the extremely tall kid with two very short kids and one kinda tall kid I'm going to be wearing tiger stripe.

7. Rainbow

Rainbow New Member

I'll just go around asking for Bob and see who says their you

Edit: Good news! I got two of my squad mates to come along with me so i will be joined :). Urban isn't going because he is a fool, and I'm not sure about urgirlfriendz, he hasn't texted me back yet. I'm gonna ask in a more popular thread to see if anyone else from NJ is going

Last edited: Sep 18, 2012