Sig Sauer ProForce MCX Virtus

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by Nick43, Apr 29, 2021.

1. Nick43

Nick43 New Member

Farmingdale
    What are your guys' thoughts on the Sig Sauer Proforce MCX Virtus? I know it has the Avalon gearbox but does it have any proprietary parts I have to worry about. I know the stock is proprietary but, is there anything else?

2. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    VFC holds general compatibility pretty well. There is no need to make any changes in this AEG.

With 2 springs and a QD mechbox, it can run indoor FPS or outdoor FPS easlily.

There is no need to succumb to the NEW AEG Syndrome on this model.

3. BeansOnToast

BeansOnToast Active Member

Seattle
    the front wired battery isn't great, your battery is sitting there out in the open, I think its much more likely to damage your battery if you don't find a solution

4. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    Inside the handguard isn't exactly "out in the open". It's sheltered pretty well in there and you can plug the holes with "accessories".

5. BeansOnToast

BeansOnToast Active Member

Seattle
    Agreed, however with the battery stored in the handguard it is more likely to get shot, wet, dirty, or just damaged compared to the standard buffer tube.

6. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    True to all aspects...but AEG with buffer batteries have been in the works since 1992...While all may not be as "exposed" as the Virtus and none of the backs back then were LIPO.

The rail offers considerably more protection than those that just rubber band their packs to the stock or the rails on the outside.

7. Squad144

Squad144 Member

Ocean Springs
    Go watch Negative Airosoft's take on this gun. He will tell you all you need to know, inside and out.

8. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    hahah..."The Lam-ba-da barre is chit...I don't care what you folks in internet land say...it's ****..."...haha...

That is WHY I always say...many parts are NOT always upgrades. Play with it stock before upgrading it...at least 10 times.

I like him...says it how it is in the "proper" British manner with no sugar coat.

9. Nick43

Nick43 New Member

Farmingdale
    Thank you everyone for the info. After seeing how well my friend's Avalon performed out of the box I had to get something similar. I should have it by next week can't wait to try it on the field. I'm probably just going to throw the battery in the handguard. I already have so many nunchucks and small types. I'll post some pics of the setup in here when I get it.

10. Squad144

Squad144 Member

Ocean Springs
    Same here! Literally his is the only airsoft channel I watch because he does not suger coat a thing. He knows how to make guns work very well for very cheap and he just overall hilarious, especially his VFC 416 videos.

11. Nick43

Nick43 New Member

Farmingdale
    mcx.jpg
    For some reason my dust cover won't close on this thing.

12. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Isn't the dust cover on the other side?

Picture of that side please for additional assistance.

13. Nick43

Nick43 New Member

Farmingdale
    Yea the dust cover is on the other side. I was just showing off the gun. Also, is the forward assist just for show?

Attached Files:

14. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Yes...absolutely just for show. There is no need to assist bbs into the chamber, much less any connection that would allow it.

And your dust cover isn't designed to close. It has a Real Steel Type latch on the dust cover, unlike the ones that do latch shut.

[​IMG]

Which are flat, like this:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 7, 2021