Silencer.

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by airsofter2772, Sep 1, 2012.

1. airsofter2772

airsofter2772 New Member

I bought a silencer for my G&G combat machine and I can't get the flash hider off. I tried everything from heating it up, boiling it, and just plain brute force. I need help.

2. thatoneguy

thatoneguy New Member

Lakeville
    There should be a small Allen bolt that needs to come out. Once that is removed, just take a lighter to it for a while then give it a big twist in THE CORRECT DIRECTION! This is always a pain in the butt for everyone, so don't give up easily.

3. schlabie

schlabie New Member

Sigh its called a supressor not a silencer. A silencer completely gets rid of sound, supressor supresses it.

4. airsofter2772

airsofter2772 New Member

I did remove the Allen screw and I did take a light to it and it didn't move.

5. airsofter2772

airsofter2772 New Member

I did take the Allen screw out and I did put a lighter to it, it didn't move.

6. airsofter2772

airsofter2772 New Member

I did take out the Allen screw and put a lighter to it and it didn't move.

7. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    Did you try using pliers?

8. thatoneguy

thatoneguy New Member

Lakeville
    Are you twisting in the right direction? With pliers?

9. mockingshot

mockingshot New Member

Pipe wrench and grasps. Worked last night on my VFC. Silencer and suppresser are the same exact thing. Both suppress sound on a gun. Silencer is movie language. I believe the CM had CCW threads.

10. Finalencounter

Finalencounter Duke of Penguins Supporting Member

Warrenton
    There is no such thing as a silencer, as a gun can not be completely silence. They are the same, one just isn't the accurate name.
    I believe this is correct.

11. airsofter2772

airsofter2772 New Member

Yes I did use pliers and it wouldn't move at all and I tried in both direction.

12. RadicalAirsofter123

RadicalAirsofter123 New Member

Marine City
    If you really want it off you could just crack it with a hammer and use goo-b-gone or something and maybe get another orange flash hider for transportation or when required.

13. schlabie

schlabie New Member

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqJnD6ULAtM&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

14. airsofter2772

airsofter2772 New Member

The thing is that that video is bit rough I want to be able to screw it back on.

15. schlabie

schlabie New Member

Well that wont be able to happen. The glue worked too well.

16. mockingshot

mockingshot New Member

Answer: Grow some muscles.

17. Mystery43_4

Mystery43_4 New Member

Santa Barbara
    What type of pliers? "Pliers" is a very generic name, and there are many different sizes of "Pliers".

To start off, is the flash hider plastic? If so, using a heat gun, heat the thing up until it starts to melt. If it is metal, then heat it up until the paint starts to melt. Then take a pair of channel locks or vise grips, and get a good grip on the flash hider, then twist in the off direction (most likely clockwise).

If it's metal (might work with plastic, depends on how much you melt it) then you can also use a crescent wrench, as there is a flat portion on a standard birdcage flash hider mean for an armorers wrench.

18. CoppertopNeasg

CoppertopNeasg New Member

Boston
    I melted mine a little bit with a butane torch a little bit and then twisted it off with a pipe wrench.