Skirmishable Revolvers?

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by GeneralHatchet, Sep 4, 2015.

1. GeneralHatchet

GeneralHatchet New Member

Columbus
    I play airsoft in the woods with some friends and occasionally at more organized events. I've got a mostly stock ICS G33 with a 14.5 tooth piston.

Anyways, I've been looking for a good sidearm for a while and I've decided I want a revolver. I know they only hold 6 shots and aren't necessarily as good as a gbb semi auto in skirmishing, but I love the look and feel of a good revolver. About 10 months ago, I started looking for one in the $100is price range and I only found one good skirmishable revolver, that being the ASG Dan Wesson http://www.evike.com/products/43130/. But after looking into it further, I found out ASG were coming out with a 715 model that would have adjustable hop-up. So I waited, and I waited, and I still haven't heard any news of the new 715 model, so I started looking again and I found this http://www.evike.com/products/50430/, a cybergun colt python with non adjustable hop-up. Everything about it fit the bill, full metal, hop-up (although non adjustable), co2 and sturdy. My only problem with it is that I can't find any extra shells anywhere and for skirmishing, that is a must since shells will get lost and it is far easier to reload shells that bbs.

Long story short, does anyone know how good the cybergun colt python is and where I could get extra shells? When ASG's 715 model is coming out? Or whether there are any other good, skirmishable, full metal, co2 revolvers out there with hop-up in the $100-$150 price range?

Thanks in advance for any help!

2. MADR77

MADR77 Well-Known Member

Boise
    Well they presented the prototype of the 715 at Shot Show this year, so I wouldn't expect it to be out until late fall or early 2016. If you can wait, get the 715 when it comes out. Otherwise get a different Dan Wessson without the adjustable hop-up.

3. Grudge

Grudge New Member

Winnipeg
  4. gunnerk19

gunnerk19 Active Member

Rumford
    Response a short while ago from ASG on Facebook about the 715...

"We don't have any updates to announce at the moment regarding the 715. It looks like you already follow our page, so you will be among the first to see any new information as it becomes available."

So there's that...

5. MP5User

MP5User Active Member

Westfield
    Something to consider is that all the CO2 revolvers shoot at incredibly high FPS. This alone makes them very difficult to skirmish with because they shoot too hot for even most outdoor places. That's at the high end of the spectrum, while Marui and Tanaka occupy the lower FPS sector. More skirmishable in that sense, but also more expensive.

If you were to lower the FPS on the WG/whatever revolvers, they'd probably do fine. However consider the lack of available stock and aftermarket parts, which means you have nowhere to upgrade if you aren't satisfied with the stock performance.

6. Noah_6

Noah_6 Active Member

Burbank
    Tokyo Marui makes revolvers with a 24 shot cylinder. You can special order them through me. I've shot one before and while they don't have adjustable hop ups (which no revolvers do), they're still dead on accurate with .2 bbs. They're also in a similar price range to the WG/Dan Wessons