Skywaffl3's SEALS looking thread

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by SkyWaffle, Nov 13, 2012.

1. SkyWaffle

SkyWaffle Top Gear Enthusiast Supporting Member

Jersey Shore
    When it comes to gear, I suck. My army-navy surplus store flooded so now I must buy gear. Whoop de doo. I am stuck between M81 and woodland digital for a SEAL looking type thing for camo.

2. Grin

Grin New Member Lifetime Supporter

Irvine
    Okay, since you started your own thread we can help you a bit better. First of all, unless you plan on picking up AOR2, you'll want to get M81 just to save cost. Additionally, what environment do you play in and what is your budget? Oh, and I'm guessing that you want a full plate carrier considering your choice of a MARCIRAS. I would suggest that you instead look for a lighter-weight plate carrier, as the CIRAS's design is outdated and not very useful compared to more modern vests.

3. The_1911_Fantic

The_1911_Fantic New Member

Baton Rouge
    ^ +1 to what he said. Also, if you want m81 woodlands and a MAR-CIRAS, may I suggest making your kit a MARSOC inspired kit? They have been seen with mainly M81s/Crye Woodycams and have been seen using MAR-CIRAS's aswell. But as Grin said, I would highley reccomend looking into a plate carrier like a EPC/MBAV or a 6094. Both are really nice plate carriers used my various special forces groups and both flyye and pantac make replicas of it.

4. SkyWaffle

Jersey Shore
    I play in forests, legally. I have a low budget because I don't have a job.

5. Grin

Irvine
    Can we get an approximate number for you budget?

6. The_1911_Fantic

Baton Rouge
    Yea, money is quite literally the biggest factor with making ANY kit. If you could give us a budget we could discuss what your looking for in your kit and try to help you find some options and whatnot to see what you like best and also fit your budget.

7. Shadow_Nugz

Shadow_Nugz New Member

Sioux City
    And the DEVGRU crown descends upon the prey...

Sorry, had to.

My bit of advice, if I were to make a super cheap loadout, I would go with a SWCC impression.
    M81's
    OD MAR-CIRAS
    Brain bucket(can't remember what kind)

It not only goes with your desire of M81's but also MAR-CIRAS. If you want to come play in the big boys club and try a DEVGRU impression, start saving your pennies because it is not going to be cheap at all. Heck, I am probably going the cheapest route and it is going to kill my bank account.

8. Qui-Gon

Qui-Gon Active Member

Leiden
    /\ MICH 2000, sorry had to do it. But I agree, awesome loadout.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  9. Shadow_Nugz

Shadow_Nugz New Member

Sioux City
    @quigon: Indeed.

To OP. Unless you are communicating with one of the other guys through pm's, could you give us a rough budget estimate??

10. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    Mich 2000 with the Wilcox LG205 shroud and arm for the SWCC.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  11. Grin

Irvine
    * MICH 2000 with an L2G05 shroud and L4G24 arm

Sorry, U94, just factcheckin' ya.

12. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    Why are my numbers so off-__-

Don't worry Grin one day I will be on your level. :)

13. Grin

Irvine
    Okay, but we're not hijacking.

Get on my level, bro!
    Do you even oper8?

14. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    Helmets are a part of a kit.

Hey everybody, how about we cut the mini-modding and discussing what is and isn't thread crapping and just let a moderator sort it all out.

15. SkyWaffle

Jersey Shore
    Haven't been on lately, sorry.

As for the budget, Im not going to pay $100 dollars on a helmet, nor $99. Maybe for a MOLLE, but not for something simple. Just a reasonable price. Maybe $200 but less would be better.

16. The_1911_Fantic

Baton Rouge
    Hm, I'd say go with a Flyye EPC or 6094a. For a lid(if you want to run one) I'd say go with a high cut lid, like an Ops-Core or MICH 01

17. SkyWaffle

Jersey Shore
    I'm liking the 6094a. I found this. http://www.armypanda.com/products/flyye-molle-lt6094-vest
    It was the first site selling it so I checked it out.

Does anybody else think I should get this? As for a helmet Im liking the MICH 2001. Is this ok?
    http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=25125

Now onto my next issue. Color. What color should I use for my gear? I'm going to run m81 but I am not sure what color my gear should be.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  18. Grin

Irvine
    For M81, khaki compliments it really well. The Flyye 6094A is a good plate carrier.

Most MICH 2001 repro's are gonna be about the same.

19. SkyWaffle

Jersey Shore
    Pouches

Now I'm going to start working on pouches. I was hoping for several M4 mags, about three double mags. I was thinking of two pistol mags.

Now, I have no clue about what else goes on a vest... so I was hoping for a little help.

20. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    It all depends on what you want to carry.