Slanted-looking Hop Up Nub

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by BCB_Airsoft, Sep 14, 2012.

1. BCB_Airsoft

BCB_Airsoft New Member

Vacaville/Fairfield
    Hey all, i recently changed my stock inner barrel for a 6.01 tbb on my JG M16 DMR Project im working on. The hop up nub fell out, and I attempted to put it back in. Took a great deal of time trying to, and this is the first time ive ever had to put the rubber thing back in so im not too exp'd with it. Now it is in, and its adjustable with the wheel when I turn it. It seems to shoot fine, but it looks slightly (VERY slightly) slanted to the left when I take the barrel out when I take a look inside. Not sure if it'll effect the bb when it leaves the barrel. Is this normal?
    -Adrian

2. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Nope, it's not normal. It sounds to be either:

A) The arm is loose inside the hop up chamber making the nub push the BB to the side.

B) your hop up chamber is rotated slightly.

Or

C) your barrel has a slight bend in it (not common).

3. BCB_Airsoft

BCB_Airsoft New Member

Vacaville/Fairfield
    @Archer627 yes I think it is slightly rotated a little bit. I havent made the fix yet but it shoots perfectly fine when i fire it down range. BB goes perfectly straight.

4. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Oh, by the way, does the gun still have the two piece hop up?

5. BCB_Airsoft

BCB_Airsoft New Member

Vacaville/Fairfield
    @Archer627 Yep, sure does.

6. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    That may be why too. I don't have experience with the two piece hop ups sadly. I usually buy dboys instead of JG. However, the spin could be from flex in the plastic as well. I'm hoping some else chimes in to help.

7. dylan484

dylan484 New Member

Tifton
    If it shoots perfectly straight, I'd leave it be

8. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Yeah, if it shooting straight now, it should be fine. However, the o-ring mod I'm talking about is a must to do IMO. It helps so much with airseal against your gearbox it's ridiculous.

9. BCB_Airsoft

BCB_Airsoft New Member

Vacaville/Fairfield
    @Archer627 whats the o-ring mod? Anywho, i've come across another problem. The outer barrel is a little wobbly. Not the handguards. Its almost like someone tried to break it over their knee and failed at doing so. It starts to wobble where the delta ring starts and further to the flash hider. It pivots at a fraction of an inch, but it kills my mojo whenever im messing with it. Should I take the outer barrel off and take a look?

10. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Take the outer off, put tape around the little pin that sticks up on the area of the barrel. Put barrel back on, tighten down delta ring.

O ring mod is making your hop up seal better. First, you make sure the chamber slides easily in and out in the inner barrel. Basically, it needs to move freely. Next, take the little spring off from the top. Get some really soft o rings that are about the outer dia. Of the barrel. Put two or three on. They now push your hop up in a more constant and consistent way. That equals better Airseal from hop up to gearbox shell.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
  11. BCB_Airsoft

BCB_Airsoft New Member

Vacaville/Fairfield
    @Archer627 thanks a lot ive only been using the forum for a couple weeks and you've helped me quite a lot.

12. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    No problem, mate. It's what I'm here for!